Not open for further replies.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is there any chance that we someday will have an MiniDisplay for tvserver, wich will show on the display if tvserver is recording something and on wich channel,or other useful info?

No as MiniDisplay is a MediaPortal plugin so it won't work on a dedicated TV-Server installation.

:sorry:

Simone

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I know it doesn't work on tvserver, but what about porting it over to the tvserver, so that it can show info about what is being recorded.

Or is this already possible with a different aproach, or are all those displays just blank showing no info when the system is making a recording and mediaportal is closed?

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    So, I have a Zalman HD135 case and I've set up the mini-display plugin to work with my VL System VFD in mediaportal and it works great. Both the remote and the VFD seem to work flawlessly in mediaportal.

I've avoided installing vl system's "M-play Home Center" software because it runs so slowly and I don't like having to wait for it to load at windows startup. I'd like to be able to use the remote outside of mediaportal for basic things like getting my computer into and out of hibernate and being able to navigate the newly released hulu desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what program I should install in order to be able to use the remote outside of mediaportal? I am not even sure what IR protocol this remote uses...

I would think the IR server suite *should* work for me but I have no clue how to set it up so that it will read in the remote commands. Does anyone have any clue how I need to set up the IR server suite config to work with the VL system remote? Or is there a simpler solution so that the remote will be read in as basic commands when not in MP? if anyone can provide any helpful info i'd appreciate it :)

And one more general question - is there a way to set up the remote commands to issue general windows commands when MP is running but not active? Mainly, I am attempting to figure out how I can use this plugin when I launch Hulu Desktop from within mediaportal. I have not been able to get the remote to work in Hulu :( Apparently the remote only issues commands to mediaportal, even if its not the active window - any idea how to turn those mediaportal commands into general windows commands? An Autoit script perhaps? This is really my best option to accomplish what I want to do (control both mediaportal and other programs such as huludesktop with my remote)

Thanks!

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    Wondering if someone could poin tme to wher eI can get a doc that speaks to setting up the minidisplay.
    I have MP 1.02 on XP with a crystalfonz USB connected 632 display and I can't figure out how to get this to work.
    I picked the right driver in teh advanced settings, do a test of the control and zip. I figure I am setting it up wrong. IS there a driver that needs to be installed first..

Let me know.

cheers

tlevis

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I wanted to asked would it be possible to make an option to the minidisplay plugin that if no media is played it would turn off the display? For like after 5 minutes? I have to htpc on for 24/7 and it´s kinda stupid that the display is always on...

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

I wanted to asked would it be possible to make an option to the minidisplay plugin that if no media is played it would turn off the display? For like after 5 minutes? I have to htpc on for 24/7 and it´s kinda stupid that the display is always on...

It's already there ;) [sorry no MP available here so cannot check the exact option]

Simone

sonnybonds

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello chemelli,
    I wanted to ask if your latest developement of minidisplay includes the option to set the off-time after action. When i surf through my music-folders i am not able to read the whole folder names because the display gets back to no-action-state and shows time again. In 1.0.0.2 the time is hard-coded to 5 seconds. That is to short when you have navigate through your files only with display. Me and some other users asked you already in another threat i think. So have you already implemented this option or ist there at least a chance you could do this?
    Would be really great!

THX and Greetings

Sonny

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No it doesn't and I'm not going to add any new feature until MiniDisplay is working for everyone.

:sorry:

Simone

tlevis

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Oh yeah, now I found it :) Thanks anyway.:oops:

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks for the great work on the MiniDisply-Plugin! It works perfect for me as did the ExternalDisplay before.

I would like to customize my display (I already did some work a couple of months ago with the ExternalDisplay). Is there a list of all variables/parameter available for the different actions (like MyRaido, Last.fm, etc) what can be displayed with what commands (eg #play.current.artist)? I searched the forum and the portal but unfortunatly could not find anything.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom