[fixed] Minidisplay plugin comes with not digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    Immediately after minidisplay plugin is activated, Windows 7 64-bit shows an error message "Windows requires a digitally signed driver". It looks like the plugin comes with hwinterfacex64.sys which is not signed digitally. The following error message appears in the even log:
    Event ID: 7026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: hwinterfacex64.
    Digitally signed drivers are required for Windows 7.
    Minidisplay plugin appears to be working even without hwinterfacex64 (except it doesn't wake up from sleep). What is the purpose of hwinterfacex64.sys? Is this file required for minidisplay plugin?

Steps to Reproduce:
    Enable minidisplay plugin (W7 64-bit). You don't even need to have a minidisplay connected (I have two systems - one with minidisplay and another without minidisplay - same symptoms). Check the screen for the pop-up message, check windows system log.

Attachments

• hwinterfacex64_error.jpg
      hwinterfacex64_error.jpg
      100 KB
    Last edited:

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, this Message appeared one time after I've tried to open the Minidisplay plugin config. But it doesn't seem to make any trouble

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This error message appears in the log every time we boot the machine. I wonder why it is included in the distribution if it can't be used?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I looked here and there and I couldn't find a digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys. Could you please be more specific and help a little bit more?

My point is that somehow mediaportal installation program attempts to install the driver that cannot be properly recognized/installed by Windows 7 64 bit operating system and this is not acceptable. So I would expect from the test group to confirm if this is true or not and deal with this appropriately.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i have MiniDiplay with Imon, and no problem !
    What is your hardware (VFD ...) ? How is set Minidisplay (config file is no added to ZIP Log )

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    assuro: I looked at your specs and I see you use Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have Matrix Orbital GX display (USB), but gijoe73 has Imon VFD display and he reports same issue. How can I extract the minidisplay config file?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i can Test, it, and i confirm !
    In Minidisplay driver List, we have 2 "Matric Orbital Driver" have you tried each driver ?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you verify if this file "hwinterface.sys" is already here " C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
    UAC is enabled ? \ What is the version of hwinterfacex64.sys ? \ (For me it's 1.1 installed by Minidisplay )
    I think you can install Driver from http://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/download.asp?package=InpOutBinaries
    Go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" & rename "inpoutx64.sys" as "hwinterfacex64.sys"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom