[fixed] Minidisplay plugin comes with not digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys (2 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Go to Driver folder and delete inpoutx64 if exist / same for hwinterfacex64.sys
    1st :have you install Driver from link above, not find in archives, installDriver.EXE,
    verify he install inpoutx64.SYS in driver folder ? if not present, is not MP bug !
    if is present, make a copy and rename it " hwinterfacex64.sys" verify version, must be 1.200.
    Start MP, for test, if you have "Bug dialog", if not .... Issue Resolved, if Yes, verify hwinterfacex64.sys if is present & version ... (MP install V1.1000)

@HomeY : can be set as bug ?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I run installDriver.EXE as admin, UAC disabled, no inpoutx64.sys or inpoutx64.dll appears in Windows/System32/Drivers folder. I copied inpoutx64.dll manually and renamed it to hwinterfacex64.sys. Restarted the computer, hwinterfacex64.sys does not start:

The hwinterfacex64 service failed to start due to the following error:
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

I am attaching my new inpoutx64.dll=hwinterfacex64.sys. It is actually 1.5.0.0, not 1.2.0.0.

The issue is not resolved because as a matter of fact, official minidisplay plugin comes with not digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys and even inpoutx64.dll that you recommend doesn't appear to have the digital signature that can be verified.

Attachments

• hwinterfacex64.zip
      42.3 KB
    Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Your link below is for version 1.5.0.0, not for 1.2.0.0 if it makes a difference.

"1.1 installed by Minidisplay" is not digitally signed, is it?

Can you verify if this file "hwinterface.sys" is already here " C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
    UAC is enabled ? \ What is the version of hwinterfacex64.sys ? \ (For me it's 1.1 installed by Minidisplay )
    I think you can install Driver from http://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/download.asp?package=InpOutBinaries
    Go to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" & rename "inpoutx64.sys" as "hwinterfacex64.sys"

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    When you install "installDriver.exe" are you unziped archives totally? have you message with " Sucessfully installed and 64bit inpOut driver Inpout64.sys" if yes, make a search on Windows folder with "InpOutx64.sys"

Attachments

• inpoutx64.rar
      7.3 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i don't know where from this file, is not in MP setup. :confused:
    @Developers : can you help me for know where from hwinterfacex64 used in Minidisplay ?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see the success message, but I don't see the Inpout64.sys anywhere in windows folders. (1.5.0.0 installation).
    I manually copied your Inpout64.sys (1.2.0.0), renamed it to hwinterfacex64.sys, restarted the computer, the driver still can't start (cannot verify digital signature).

Can you post the entire installation zip for 1.2.0.0, not just one Inpout64.sys?

When you install "installDriver.exe" are you unziped archives totally? have you message with " Sucessfully installed and 64bit inpOut driver Inpout64.sys" if yes, make a search on Windows folder with "InpOutx64.sys"

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i can't, is from installdriver

What intalldriver?

Yes, I have write rights to that folder, you asked me before and I confirmed that (post #18). I can read, write, rename, delete.

Since you can't give me the installation files for 1.2.0.0, can you install 1.5.0.0 on your computer and make sure you driver is intalled.

While we are working on the workaround, I would like to remind you that the original problem I reported is that the driver that comes with Mediaportal is not working with Windows 7-64, do you agree?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I have had only one time, the message box "cf post #1", after nothing ...
    for me, is not MP bug / i need help from dev, for this !

@Testers : can you confirm this "bug"
    Step : only for 64bit
    * Enable Minidisplay
    * Select Orbital driver
    * "OK" you should be show message box, with driver unsigned.
    Restart PC, if you have already this message. "Hwinterfacex64.dll driver unsigned"

@Developers
    the only bug, for me is Minidisplay overwrite "hwinterface(x64).sys in System32\Drivers" with version 1.100 ( version not signed / only version 1.200 is OK ) and i don't know where found it the source ! is not available on MP github

@greybox
    i look that this evening (at Home), but for you i don't understand why, you don't have inpoutx64.sys installed on your Drivers folder.
    I think really your bug is from this !
    And i repeat me, the 1.2 files is from www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/download.asp?package=InpOutBinaries
    In archives you found :
    Win32/inpout32.dll (version 1.5)
    Win32/installDriver.exe (version 1.2 for 64bit / Version 1.5 32bit)
    x64/inpoutx64.dll (version 1.5)
    i can't help more ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom