[fixed] Minidisplay plugin comes with not digitally signed driver hwinterfacex64.sys (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @greybox
    can you try this step :
    Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process"
    rename "LCDDrivers" to "LCDDrivers test" ( is for block acces to all *.dll )
    Go to "system32/Drivers" delete hwinterface.sys 1.1 and replace it by hwinterface.sys 1.2.
    restart configuration.exe -> minidisplay -> Ok -> validate -> exit
    (look if hwinterfaces have size = "15ko" / if is = "6ko" is overwrited )
    if already 1.2, restart your PC. and test !

i can't help more ...
    maybe @chefkoch can help ...

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    azzuro:

Could you just confirm the following:

1. Official Mediaportal installation package comes with hwinterfacex64.sys driver. Yes or no? YES.
    2. Is hwinterfacex64.sys supplied by Mediaportal installation digitally signed and compatible with W7-64 - Yes or no? NO.

If you confirm that, you should probably send this to mantis and let the developers deal with this. Why is this so difficult??

I appreciate your efforts in trying to go even further and try to find a workaround by replacing some files supplied by Mediaportal with some files taken from somewhere on the network, but this just doesn't work, unfortunately.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    1. Official Mediaportal installation package comes with hwinterfacex64.sys driver. Yes or no?
    NO
    all my system, are not the problem !
    for x64, i have only one message since the beginiing. now i don't have message error...
    i can't reproduce your bug ...

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, do me a favor and follow the steps:

1. Open Configuration.exe, disable minidisplay plugin and close Configuration.exe
    2. Delete or rename your hwinterfacex64.sys in your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\ folder
    3. Run Configuration.exe exe again, enable minidisplay plugin, and select port LPT1 for your device (it happens to be default when you first open the plugin). Click OK to close minidisplay plugin, OK to close Configuration.exe.
    4. Look into your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\. You will see original unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys driver version 1.1 file version 5.2.3790.1830

Now ask yourself what caused the unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys driver version 1.1 file version 5.2.3790.1830 to appear in your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\ folder? Is it YES or NO now?

1. Official Mediaportal installation package comes with hwinterfacex64.sys driver. Yes or no?
    NO
    all my system, are not the problem !
    for x64, i have only one message since the beginiing. now i don't have message error...
    i can't reproduce your bug ...

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    1. Open Configuration.exe, disable minidisplay plugin and close Configuration.exe 2. Delete or rename your hwinterfacex64.sys in your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\ folder 3. Run Configuration.exe exe again, enable minidisplay plugin, and select port LPT1 for your device (it happens to be default when you first open the plugin). Click OK to close minidisplay plugin, OK to close Configuration.exe. 4. Look into your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\. You will see original unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys driver version 1.1 file version 5.2.3790.1830 Now ask yourself what caused the unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys driver version 1.1 file version 5.2.3790.1830 to appear in your c:\Windows\System32
    yes, it's true !

Now ask yourself what caused the unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys driver version 1.1 file version 5.2.3790.1830 to appear in your c:\Windows\System32\drivers\ folder? Is it YES or NO now?
    it's what i do, and no Driver is identified in MP. i look in source files ... nothing found hwintefarceX64 is not indicated,
    i don't know where is this dll
    @Developers nobody can help ?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No. I don't have Imon, I have Matrix Orbital GX. In fact, I was able to reproduce this behavior on my other system even without any minidisplay hardware. This file is automatically pulled from somewhere by mediaportal minidisplay plugin. It seems to be an outdated parallel port driver. In any case this behavior is not acceptable.

Maybe Chemelli or Belcom could help?

Doesn't the hwintefarceX64 come with the imon software?

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    let me (still) test, an solution (trick).
    because this driver (non plug&play) appear in device manager ...

belcom

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2009
    Leibnitz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Guys!

I can confirm, that MiniDisplay-Setup copies and then tries to install an unsigned hwinterfacex64.sys to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. (On both 32- and 64-bit systems, but 32-bit allows unsigned drivers so no warning there.)
    Will investigate for the reason and - once found - check for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom