Minor fix of Danish characters in Teletext (1 Viewer)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello johnlc!

I just tried the TVplugin.dll and Teletext now show Ä,Ö but the screen isn't as wide as it was before and I don't know if this is related to that but before every m there's a thin vertical line, any thoughts on that? Something I found that will not work is if the user wants to have the ui in english for example but still want text to be displayed with danish characters then they won't get the Æ,Ø letters but instead Ä,Ö but maybe that's something we have to live with? Still this is a better solution even if it's not totally super perfect.

//johnzered

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1) The size of the screen is my own fix to 16x9 TV - it makes it easier to read, this will stay here by me :)

2) That can only be solved if there is a special option for scandinavians to select language, as we all are using txtlanguage 11 (or 010 bitwise)

I think following the must be good enough. You could also use the sound language, the subtitle language - but in every situation there will be hickups - unless the teletext has it's own language setting.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    1) The size of the screen is my own fix to 16x9 TV - it makes it easier to read, this will stay here by me :)

Yep, you're right that it's much easier to read, so I'm okay with that if you can fix the thin vertical line that appears infront of/ ontop of the letter m, i think it only happens in fullscreen. I can send a screenshot later if you want.

2) That can only be solved if there is a special option for scandinavians to select language, as we all are using txtlanguage 11 (or 010 bitwise)

Yes, you're right, but maybe there should be an option?

I think following the must be good enough. You could also use the sound language, the subtitle language - but in every situation there will be hickups - unless the teletext has it's own language setting.

Speaking of subtitles, i still get wrong characters when watching a movie with your edited TVPlugin.dll

Thanks for digging into this!

//johnzered

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yep, you're right that it's much easier to read, so I'm okay with that if you can fix the thin vertical line that appears infront of/ ontop of the letter m, i think it only happens in fullscreen. I can send a screenshot later if you want.

Hm, I haven't noticed - I am a bit stressed for time, due to work and holiday next week. But I will look into this, as soon as I get the time.
    (Hm, work - well I guess it's more the semifinals :D )

yes, but with feature freeze and all, I don't know - but I will ask Gibman if it will be possible to get such a parameter (maybe he reads this )

Speaking of subtitles, i still get wrong characters when watching a movie with your edited TVPlugin.dll
    //johnzered

I have only made the change for the teletext page rendering, there are other places that needs to be fixed also - but time ...
    But I can see it must be annoying, if you use teletext subtitles alot - I will see what I can get done.

bozzo70

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello johnlc!

I just tried the TVplugin.dll and Teletext now show Ä,Ö but the screen isn't as wide as it was before and I don't know if this is related to that but before every m there's a thin vertical line, any thoughts on that? Something I found that will not work is if the user wants to have the ui in english for example but still want text to be displayed with danish characters then they won't get the Æ,Ø letters but instead Ä,Ö but maybe that's something we have to live with? Still this is a better solution even if it's not totally super perfect.

//johnzered

Tried this but still have wrong characters when choosing swedish subtitel.

TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 0.2.3.0
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Windows Xp Pro SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual 4200+
    HDD: 300Gb
    Memory: Corsair Twin2X DDR2 1024 800Mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
    Video Card:
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: TT S2 3200 DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec NSK2400
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Panasonic PV60
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI , VGA

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hm, I haven't noticed - I am a bit stressed for time, due to work and holiday next week. But I will look into this, as soon as I get the time.
    (Hm, work - well I guess it's more the semifinals :D )

yes, but with feature freeze and all, I don't know - but I will ask Gibman if it will be possible to get such a parameter (maybe he reads this )

//johnzered

I have only made the change for the teletext page rendering, there are other places that needs to be fixed also - but time ...
    But I can see it must be annoying, if you use teletext subtitles alot - I will see what I can get done.

Yeah I know I'm trying to write a quick response now when its halftime.

I know it's feature freeze but still there have been small additions in various places. And I think what MediaPortal is all about is the good settings-possibilities. And I think it's bad design to restrict this to language of the UI. I have English Windows but that doesn't mean that i want to use £ or $ as my currency...if an additional parameter can't be added then it would still be better to take the setting from the country setting and not from UI. Well now back to the second half...

//johnzered

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I know it's feature freeze but still there have been small additions in various places. And I think what MediaPortal is all about is the good settings-possibilities. And I think it's bad design to restrict this to language of the UI. I have English Windows but that doesn't mean that i want to use £ or $ as my currency...if an additional parameter can't be added then it would still be better to take the setting from the country setting and not from UI. Well now back to the second half...

//johnzered

Using the locale / contry setting provided by OS should be good enough for 1.0. After 1.0 is out there could be an user setting for overriding the OS locale information for teletext. So feel free to provide a patch that fixes the language issue all nor/swe/fin/dan users are facing today in teletext & teletext subtitles.

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Until today MP has always worked for FIN/SWE-users in this sense (as far as I know) so as a quick and dirty fix there could be an option to use MP as it is now or as it was before this "fix".. :) If it means different dll:s or whatever its good enough but as it is now it kind of sucks...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Until today MP has always worked for FIN/SWE-users in this sense (as far as I know) so as a quick and dirty fix there could be an option to use MP as it is now or as it was before this "fix".. :) If it means different dll:s or whatever its good enough but as it is now it kind of sucks...

It must be fixed properly, not by some hack having users to patch dll files.

gunck4

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

It must be fixed properly, not by some hack having users to patch dll files.

Yes, I agree on that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom