Minor fix of Danish characters in Teletext (1 Viewer)

johnlc

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Horsens
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Using the locale / contry setting provided by OS should be good enough for 1.0. After 1.0 is out there could be an user setting for overriding the OS locale information for teletext. So feel free to provide a patch that fixes the language issue all nor/swe/fin/dan users are facing today in teletext & teletext subtitles.

I have changed the code so that these special characters only goes into effect if the setting in the attached picture is danish.
I also saw that someone had tried to translate danish characters in teletext subtitles before, but maybe missed the 2 capital letters - I added these and reverted the character table changes.

But take a look at the diff files, it is very minute changes.

I haven't done anything for Norway because there seems to be several Norwedian languages - and I don't know how they would like this changed.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    45.4 KB
  • norway.jpg
    norway.jpg
    13.1 KB
  • MP.diff.txt
    30.6 KB
  • TVserv.diff.txt
    30.6 KB

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello!

Any progress on this issue? I mean is it worth the install newer SVN:s or should one just wait?

-gunck4

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello johnlc!

Your're "minor fix" really became a big and troublesome issue, hopefully it works great for you now, at least for me it's working as expected. As no other nordic team-members like norwegians and so has taken part in this they probably happy too or maybe they aren't using teletext. Still I think as a future improvement this should be a configuration thing.

Glad you solved it for all of us, thanks!

//johnzered

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi johnzered

In the end it wasn't much, I think Gibman had more work, because my code probably didn't live up to the coding standards :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom