Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You need to restart MKV Buddy after changes are saved to get the settings working. Best is to work through the configuration as described in manual. When done, save the settings and restart MKV Buddy. Now it should work as expected.
    And it only works on folder level as it's for batch processing (it seems you've done this right) and as the name suggests, it's working on MKV videos only Excerpt for remuxing and recoding as those steps are done to get videos into the mkv container...
    If it still don't work, please have a look inside the installation folder. There has to be some .ini files. If I can have a look on these I'm probably able to see what's wrong...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If restarting the application is quitting and restarting it, then that has been done...
    Plus, these errors cause it to quit.
    I changed the ini to txt so as to upload it.
    EDIT: Maybe the grab errors out because I do not have any MKV videos?

Is there a way to make it log?

Attachments

• MKV_Buddy.txt
      586 bytes

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The mkvbuddy.ini looks pretty normal Can you upload the nfo4mp.ini also, please.
    And if possible tell me a bit more about the movies you have in your working dir. Video names an container would be fine.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EDIT: Maybe the grab errors out because I do not have any MKV videos?
    just saw this.. You only can use it on MKV videos... First to need to remux some videos to mkv before you can grab nfo for them with MKV Buddy. The point Remuxing" in MKV Buddy is the first thing you need to start with...
    If you don't want to do this you need a different tool like tinyMediaManager for example.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    I have the following error when I grab a movie. (See print screen)
    I have not changed the configuration.
    the movie listed in the following folder: F:\Mijn films\(3 Days To Kill)

Attachments

• error_MKV_Buddy.PNG
      error_MKV_Buddy.PNG
      174.1 KB
    • ini MKV Buddy.rar
      616 bytes

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do yourself a favour and have a look at the configuration first. MKV Buddy has default settings that are working most of the time. But some things are better configured individually. And it's better to save the settings once so they are in the ini file...
    The error normally appears when there is no online data available or (couldn't be) downloaded. Especially if the IMDB- tt number is missing in the .nfo file this may happen. Normally this should be captured by error handling but when you're working with external data you never know what you get.... And AutoIt is not very friendly handling such errors. Maybe if you upload the generated .nfo file from this movie, I can see better what's wrong.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    But then I'm doing something wrong here, I thought with "grab movies" the .nfo was made (from downloaded metadata).
    My folder structure is as follows: F:\Mijn films\3 Days To Kill\tt2172934.mkv

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought with "grab movies" the .nfo was made
    Yes this will be, normally.... But I never have tried to use tt number only as filename. Probably this can be the reason for not finding anything. You can try to rename "tt2172934.mkv" to "3 Days To Kill.mkv" (just for testing purposes) and then grab again. If this will cure your issue I'll need to ask @lightshock to modify nfo4mp.exe for this naming scheme.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks, file renaming made the error disappear, so please ask lightshock to modify nfo4mp.exe.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    The language for scrapping the metadata is set to English, but in the .nfo is the language German.

Attachments

• language code.PNG
      language code.PNG
      3.9 KB
    • nfo.PNG
      nfo.PNG
      66.9 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom