Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Now I need the MKV_Buddy.ini as the languagecode is stored there. You are the first who get German nfo while languagecode is set to "en"...:confused:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

in Annex .ini Files

Because Windows does not allow you to use ":" , I use filenames with "-".
    As an example: 3:10 To Yuma.mkv --> 3-10 To Yuma.mkv
    MKV Buddy displays an error message when I use "-"
    How do you solve such matters?

Attachments

• ini MKV Buddy.rar
      394 bytes

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I will have a look at your issues soon. Most of them are related to nfo4mp so I can't do very much instantly, sorry.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    @jehe , please try the attached nfo4mp.exe. It should resolve the issue with the languagecode and also should find "3-10 to yuma" or "3_10 to yuma" or "310 to yuma". Simply replace the exe in the MKV Buddy install folder.

About your "normal" naming scheme (ttxxxxx.mkv) this is a wip atm. In some days I will release a new version as some of the external components also needs an update. I hope that support for your scheme is ready then...

Attachments

• nfo4MP.7z
      22.7 KB

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

The two things discussed above work perfectly now.
    When I change a setting in the configuration and I save it, mkv buddy closes, when I go back to the settings, the changes are not stored.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Normally this only happens when the .ini files did not have proper rights (read and write for everyone) But there is a little tool (Set_ini_rights.exe) inside the MKV Buddy folder to set the rights as needed. This tool requires admin rights and will be executed at the end of the installation process.
    Maybe the three ini files won't have proper rights as they are not exist on the time, this tool was running. You can run it from explorer by simply double click on it. Or use right click "Run as administrator" as a second option. In first option it is possible that you've been asked to enter the credentials for your admin account. After you've done this, your settings should be stored without issues.
    If there still is a .ini missing you can put an empty txt file in with the name of the missing .ini file prior to run set_ini_rights...
    "MKV_Buddy.ini" is storing all settings from MKV Buddy, "nfo4MP.ini" does the same for nfo4mp and "customfiletypes.ini" is to store your custom filetypes added for muxing and recoding...

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    I'm going to rip and tag my TV series.
    May I ask how your folder structure is organized and how are your filenames made up.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have one global series folder (D:\Serien). In this I have added all my series organized in folders named exactly as the series are named on TVDB. For some series I use foreign names like Swedish to make them unique as MP2 still has problems if the search result isn't unique. To achieve this I'm using Hardlinks so it did not matter where the videos are physically located. This way it's possible to have 20TB of Series in a single folder...

In this series folders there are subfolders named "Staffel 01" (Staffel is German for Season) and so on. Specials are in Folder Staffel 00. And here are the .nfo and fanart for the whole series. Inside the Season folders there are the episodes MKV , the corresponding .nfo and the thumb downloaded from TVDB. And, if available here is a season poster too.

The episodes themselves are named after this scheme: "SxxExx - Episodes title.mkv" Important is to use two digits or more, if needed for the numbers.

The most recent Weekly of MP2 is supporting MKV tags pretty well. So normally all episodes with proper tags are recognised 100%.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom