Tools and other software MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another thing... I've talked with @lightshock who has written the grabber part of the code. He also can't read Russian but if kinopoisk has an API to access the data it can probably be integrated some day. Is there a way to get kinopoisk in English so we can see if there is an API available?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Attached is an update to version 2.0.0.53
    The things that are fixed:
    - Some settings are not always saved properly.
    - An existing IMDB-ID number in file name was not always recognised.
    - Sometimes the tagging did not work on first try. This is a bug in MKVPropedit. Now we have a workaround for this bug.

Download the matching version of the 7z archive and overwrite the files in the MKV-Buddy installation folder.

On some Windows 10 systems it's possible that the transcoding did not work. This is due to graphics drivers issue every existing Windows 10 system still has. No mater if you have AMD, Intel or NVidia (order from worst to not that worse), none of them are having proper working GPU drivers recently. As Handbrake (that does the recoding inside MKV-Buddy) is utilizing the GPU hardware this leads to various kinds of issues. Some users reported the nightly builds of Handbrake as working, others still can't get it to work. So if you are using Win10 already be aware of the very early state this OS is and have a daily look if there are new graphics drivers available for your GPU and/or test new nightly versions of HandbrakeCLI until you find a combination that did work for you.

Attachments

• MKV-Buddy_x64.7z
      949.6 KB
    • MKV-Buddy_x86.7z
      915.7 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Since today something has changed on AutoIt regarding Sqlite.
    You need a new DLL to get MKV-Buddy running.. I've attached the new dll to this post. SImply replace the dll in your MKV-Buddy instrallation folder. On x64 systems the dll now needs to be named Sqlite3_x64.dll so don't change the file name...

It's possible that MP2-Edit also did not work any longer. Need to test this next...

Attachments

• sqlite3.zip
      427.5 KB
    • sqlite3_x64.zip
      514.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 2.0.0.59 online for download in the repo.
    It includes all the previous fixes for SQlite and the issues with mkvpropedit should be gone too.. And the first time install did use the systems "My documents" path correctly... Thanks to @Hunter23071985 the Russian language file is complete now.

Changelog:

Fixed - Issues with MKVPropedit
    Fixed - Issues with SQlite3.dll
    Fixed - Issues with Installer not writing default config under some circumstands
    Fixed - Issues with Installer not generating logs folder under some circumstands
    Fixed - Russian Language File now complete

Not Fixed - French Language File still incomplete

Updates - MKVToolnix to 8.4
    Updates - FFMpeg to git-91b668a
    Updates - nfo4MPv2 to v0.10.265

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I'm trying to perform some recoding but I'm getting a 9Gb output file when I was hoping it would around 4Gb.
    Also the output file has lost all subtitles track for some reason.
    Can I remove one of the audio tracks too?

Here is what I was running:
    upload_2015-12-7_22-28-25.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm getting a 9Gb output file when I was hoping it would around 4Gb.
    The size depends on the length of the Video and the quality you have chosen for transcoding. "Return of the Jedi" should have more than one hour playing time, so for this the "long" values are used. The values are the bitrates of the transcoded Video. If you lower the values the resulting video gets smaller and the picture quality gets worse. You also can use "constant quality" values instead of "constant bitrates". For this you must enter the CQ value (a number below 52) instead of the bitrates (3 to 5 digit numbers) in the corresponding field. Here you need to find a value that fits your needs the best. This is an individual thing so you need to find out for yourself what's best for you. The default values are a general hint and values I use personally. But for optimisation you have to fiddle with the values

Can I remove one of the audio tracks too?
    Yes, of course. For this the "optimizer" function is available. You can select how much audio tracks are preserved and in which language. The languages to use are configured in the settings module. So you can e.g. select eng and fre (naming as to find in "ISO 639-2", more than one language can be set if separated by , ) for English and French language so all other language tracks are removed (e.G. German and Russian, if the video contains those languages too) With "tracks per language" you can set how much tracks per language are preserved. And I highly would recommend to select "if necessary" under "Recode Audio". If set to "Never" it often can happen that the resulting video did not have any audio at all. This is due to the limited audio formats (DTS, AC-3, AAC, MP3 and FLAC, that's all) Handbrake supports for copying of audio tracks. In settings you also can set the priority of audio formats (e.g. DTS is more important than MP3) and if the codec should be more important than the number of audio channels or vice versa. With this settings MKV-Buddy chose the best fitting track(s) for you...

Also the output file has lost all subtitles track for some reason.
    This may be also a limitation of Handbrake (only a few subtitle formats are supported in Handbrake) and/or an WIN10 issue. Neither AutoIt (the language MKV-Buddy is written in) nor Handbrake (at least not the "stable" version used with MKV-Buddy) are declared as "Windows 10 compatible" so some strange behaviour is possible, also most of the time the programs are working as expected.

If you need further help, I need the log files (can be found in MKV-Buddy install folder/Logs) and the full mediainfo of the original and the transcoded video. Aside this the .ini files and the .s3db (Database) can be useful too...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the help. I've setup another run with CQ 20 and tried to fix my audio track and subtitles too. Let's see what comes out.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I could get something close to what I needed with the following settings.
    CQ 23 is apparently the default H.264 settings too.
    So that one movie ends up around 5Gb.
    Is there a tool I could use to manually edit subtitles tracks? Change their names or just remove them?

upload_2015-12-8_20-11-33.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a tool I could use to manually edit subtitles tracks? Change their names or just remove them?
    MKVToolnix comes with a new GUI that can do such things...
    I'm not very used to subtitles as I normally don't use any. I simply remove them all...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom