Mobile Call Monitor (1 Viewer)

BigWhoop

Portal Member
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
my phone support all of this things with hyperterminal...but when i start mediaportal there is no bluetooth connection established. so the phone cant send the incomming call to mediaportal or?

@cyber this is the old release

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using Mobile Call Monitor v0.3 and it does work with MP 1.1.0a.

boozelclark the Guide.pdf you link to in the first post is not the same as is included in the zip. It looks much older. You might want to update the link.

There's one problem with trying to configure this plugin in Vista. It's trying to write mobilecm.xml to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal which is not allowed. See screenshot. You should probably save setting files to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal as other plugins do.

How about some way to see that you phone is connected? Perhaps an icon on the home window (or multiple icons when it's supported :))

Attachments

• Access Denied.png
      Access Denied.png
      44.8 KB
    • Mobile icon.png
      Mobile icon.png
      387.4 KB

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    ya the guide was made with the first version and does look different. the basic set up is the same though so it is still useful.
    I currently have a really flaky wireless internet connection where i study so i'm unable to visual studio and hence update the plugin to the new version but i'll try get it from another source and then redo the manual to look like the newest version too.
    I'll look into the home screen icon idea, thanks.
    Thanks for your feedback and interest in the plugin and i'll fix it up when i get the chance.

whit27

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Boozeclark,
    I have installed the plugin and get the following error when I try to configure the COM port in the Settings.

Setup: Unhandled Exception
    Access to Path c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\mobilecm.xml is denied

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Can you please let me know what I need to do for this issue to be resolved?
    Cheers
    Whit

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    hi whit.
    I think it is probably something to do with the paths that are used by windows 7 but i'm not 100% sure. I do not have time to fix it now because of exams but afterwards i'll be redoing the plugin and hopefully fixing all the errors. sorry i cant be of more help

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello,

I am using Mediaportal 1.0.2 , Windows XP (Spanish).

I am having troubles with this plugin. It seems that the configuration file is not saved, because the log says that the plugin can't find mobilecm.xml file, I have tried to create it in c:\Archivos de programa\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal, but the plugin configuration doesn't fill the configuration file, now the log error is that it can't open COM0 port (i think that is using default configuration because mobilecm.xml file is empty).

I tried to create c:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal folder, but the plugin doesn't write there the configuration file (I think that there are problems with the environment system variables, or that the script is only compiled to run in english operating systems ;) ) .

Someone could attach the mobilecm.xml file to edit it manually, I don't know the syntax of the file.

Regards,
    Andy.

Finally I solved it, the configuration file was at c:\ (Root), I copied it to c:\archivos de programa\team mediaportal\mediaportal and now the plugin runs.

I have a question. I am using windows mobile. The at commands seems ok, but not the callerid support.

The plugin is working only when I deactivate CallerID support :(

Someone is running this plugin with windows mobile, and has CallerID support?

Best Regards,
    Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom