[MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 18/05/2012) (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

I think I can upload a working satellite view in about 10mins. If the author is not faster. =)
    But I'm unable to test it..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Could you try the attached files and see if navigation works right?

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      53 KB
    • WorldWeatherImage.xml
      24.2 KB

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

...very strage problem with image view buttons, I'm using it from the first time I made it, always without any kind of problem and navigating only with keyboard (no need to specifiy onup and ondown keys instructions), so I really don't understand why you have this kind of issue :confused:
    Have you tryied to clean skin cache?
    sometimes very strange problems are solved with this simple thing.
    Right now I have updated the zip file but only for a little mistake in WorldWeather.xml file (no correct display of an horizontal separator for condition view with feed enabled).
    Let me know if it is really necessary to use modifications made by Holzi (thank you very much, Holzi) to resolve the problem and I will update main files with that ones.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Maybe I've found the solution. Maybe not. You have to confirm that :)

I installed WW 0.3.5. RC from todays release (2012-01-01). After that I "reinstalled" this Mod. That was kid of strange because some files in the mod were older than the ones already installed. I ignored that and replaced them all and now the up and down keys do what they are supposed to do. Before that, every keypress of the up key took me straigt to the top menu header line of MP.

One hint: Since the WorldWeather plugin comes with an empty row for the "global weather image" in the config, there is no image to display. I didn't fill this entry after installing because I wanted to ensure functionality first before going into details.
    When you do not fill this entry and start MP and go to the weather section you will have to select satellite images to go to images. Now when you press the up key to select every single image on the slider panel it starts with the first one. Because this is not present, the small preview selection image stays black BUT an image in the big frame IS displayed. That is quite confusing because one does not recognize that the slider panel is already active. In detail, one is already on the first entry.

To solve this unergonomic behaviour i suggest to make it more clear where the current "cursor" position is active. You may build something like a highlighted frame around the currently active image. Is that a good idea?

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Holzi

Yes the modified xmls fixes the problem. :D:D
    Currently the first button has to be the active one for "UP" to work. Maybe a good idea that this would also work if one of the other buttons like "location" etc is selected.

Marduk65

No way. Also clearing the cache did not solve the problem.
    Strange enough that it works in your environment.

Cheers.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@grubi
    Sadly I could not test my files so hopefully you did and everything works well?! =)

Currently the first button has to be the active one for "UP" to work. Maybe a good idea that this would also work if one of the other buttons like "location" etc is selected.

Try the attached WorldWeather.xml and replace the old one. I hope it works! Again I could not test myself. :(

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      53.1 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

...without any kind of problem and navigating only with keyboard (no need to specifiy onup and ondown keys instructions)...

Hello!
    I don't know but I could imagine that navigation with keyboard and with a remote control is different. So maybe with keyboard you don't need onup, ondown labels but you need them to navigate with a remote control. Just my thought. =)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Working fine Holzi!

Thanks...

2 other requests:

-It would be nice when you could scroll from the uppest image to the lowest image by pressing the up button.. Hope you know what I mean..
    -It's nice that you can now also go to the images from other labels like; "location" and "refresh" is there a way to let the xml save the label you come from? So if you are at location, press the up button to go to images and when you press the down button, you go to locations again?

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/201

...without any kind of problem and navigating only with keyboard (no need to specifiy onup and ondown keys instructions)...

Hello!
    I don't know but I could imagine that navigation with keyboard and with a remote control is different. So maybe with keyboard you don't need onup, ondown labels but you need them to navigate with a remote control. Just my thought. =)

..maybe I've understood the problem; I think that who of you had the problem with my original files have World image not enabled (or enabled but with empty address field); in this case pressing key up the focus go to the topbar instead of images buttons. The problem is solved with a simple modification in WorldWeather.xml file as you have done (pointing to the last image button instead of the first one). With only this modification all is ok also if World image is not enabled and also if Webcam image (the last one) is not enabled, and it is not necessary to change also WorldWeatherImage.xml with onup and ondown properties for each button.
    Of course setting the onup properties to the last image buttons for each of the bottom buttons in WorldWeather.xml, as you have done in your last post, works as expected, so I will replace into the zip file of post 34 old WorldWeather.xml file with this one.

Thank you very much

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [MOD] Different skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (New update 01/01/2012)

Hello!

-It would be nice when you could scroll from the uppest image to the lowest image by pressing the up button.. Hope you know what I mean..

This should work with the attached WorldWeatherImage.xml

-It's nice that you can now also go to the images from other labels like; "location" and "refresh" is there a way to let the xml save the label you come from? So if you are at location, press the up button to go to images and when you press the down button, you go to locations again?

I don't think this is possible, but maybe a "professional" skinner could tell you more.
    Anyway, in my attached WorldWeatherImage.xml you can try to delete line 155 <ondown>2</ondown> and see if something changes. It could also be that by doing this you don't get to the menu (Show Geoclock, location, refresh...) at all.

But I would try it and maybe you can report back..
    Thanks!

Attachments

• WorldWeatherImage.xml
      24.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom