Monitor shuts down after 10 minutes of inactivity (1 Viewer)

mfalk

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi All

I will look at it in this week, and hopefully we can get it up and running :)

br
Michael

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mfalk: Great that you're back :)

When you are analyzing this please keep in mind that for me, the Windows screen saver did work in the MyRadio and MyMusic module of MP even without your plugin until a few (maybe 10) weeks ago... Since then, I could not get it to work any more. So maybe the problem is not your plugin but maybe the power scheduler of TVE3 and/or MP...

mfalk

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi All

I just looked at the code again, and i'm only implementing IPlugin and ISetupForm so as far as i can see, it is a process plugin only, and should not display the menuitem.

Regarding that it is not working for radio and music is also pretty strange. The code is pretty straightforward. I'm adding handlers for the MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.PlayBackStarted,MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.PlayBackEnded and MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.PlayBackStopped.

In the PlayBackStarted i'm just checking the type:

Select Case type
    Case MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.MediaType.Music
    blnDisableThisType = blnMusic
    Case MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.MediaType.Radio
    blnDisableThisType = blnRadio
    Case MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.MediaType.Recording
    blnDisableThisType = blnRecording
    Case MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.MediaType.TV
    blnDisableThisType = blnTV
    Case MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.MediaType.Video
    blnDisableThisType = blnVideo
    End Select

(Yes it is actually written in vb.net)

Does anybody have any idea why this should not work?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    May be that MPUserFromGER is using a external player in mp... about the menu entry, may be that you should start a new thread into plugins development to get help from mp devs, it should be an easy task to remove the menu entry from plugins list in mp main GUI, but i don't know how... For me, the plugin works great, with the exception of the ugly entry into plugin menu...

thanks, keep up the good work...

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am not using an external player but the internal BASS player.
    What happens in my setup is that after the windows screensaver timeout, the screen goes black for a few ms and then comes back on right away.

Do you have any option in the MP general setup enabled such as "Turn screen black when MP is idle"? Also, I am using single seat. And you?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm not using any option like that. My only problem is when coming back from screensaver, the screensaver image keeps freezed in the screen and mp doesn't come back... it's extrange because if i launch the same screensaver from My programs (i've created a shortcut to launch it) it works fine...

MPUserFromGER may be that another plugin/process/app is stopping the screensaver for being launched. Try disabling all other plugins in MP configuration and see what happens... Also be sure that mouse is not sending any movement that closes the screensaver...

regards,

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    patricon and mfalk:
    I have deactivated all plugin in MP setup and there was no change. After 5 minutes the screen turns black for a few ms and then comes back right away.

Also, if I close MediaPortal, the Windows screen saver works as expected, so the mouse is no issue.

What elese can I try to find out, what triggers the screen saver to be disabled again?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You can also try to disable mfalk's plugin, and use windows screensaver normally in MP and see what happens (if it's launched normally into MP or not... if it happens the same (it shows for a few seconds and then closes) then the problem is not with mfalk's plugin... i hope this helps you a bit... ;)

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom