Tools and other software Monitoring Collection (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tools to monitor your machine devices, activities and performance

These are not specific MediaPortal related tools, but maybe it's helpful for some users to check, verify and monitor the HTPC and network environment.

Highlights:
  • displays physical, technical, performance and health information about your machine
  • monitor memory, processor and graphic card information
  • monitor connected disk device activities and S.M.A.R.T. values
  • monitor connected network device activities
  • shared data support to interop with 3rd party plugins, gadgets or applications
  • all tools are highly configurable and resides in your taskbar
  • portable applications, therefore no installation required
  • minimal system resources needed
Language support:
  • english, german
Installation:
  • download the installer or portable version from my website and complete the installation
monitor.png

Monitoring Collection Gadgets.jpg

Each tool was tested with Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2 and versions above, please report any bugs in this thread. If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• Monitoring Collection.zip
    8.1 MB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
started with the Disk Device Monitor tool, this is a first test release of my newest tool.
  • Due to the fact that these version contains updated core libraries, which are not compatible with the latest published version, please do not overwrite the libraries within your plugins folder.
  • The tool was developed and tested since one month by using my personal network environment, servers and virtual machines. Nevertheless it is possible that not all functions works as expected with other hardware environments. In case there are problems to run/use this application, please report it here with a meaningful description and "steps-to-reproduce".
  • If you don't see all device related information as expected, please try to start the application with elevated rights.
Each feedback, improvement suggestions and issue/bug reports are welcome.

Regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    H @Micropolis
    Thanks for this tool. I've noticed a small glitch, please take a look at the screenshot. Could you please change from °C to °F?

snip_20151025131945.png

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Helios61,
    ... Could you please change from °C to °F? ...
    all S.M.A.R.T. related temperature information (see here) will be reported by using Celsius. Therefore I fear it's not a bug and I would be extremely surprised that a mechanical hard drive has a temperature of 16.6°C or 62.0 F.

Regards, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Helios61,
    version 0.15.4 can be downloaded from the first post. The required conversion routines are implemented, additionally you can configure the metric type (SI/US) in the settings dialog now.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the next big step in the direction to the planned RTM release next month has been achieved yesterday evening.
    The biggest change since last published version is the introduction of localization features. Due to some internal changes the previous settings format is not valid anymore, therefore please configure the application again for your personal needs.
    I would appreciate if you could translate it from English to your native language.

Regards, Micropolis

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You know that this Question must come, also here it is:

We need all those inside MediaPortal with a nice looking Page for all Skins. :D:D:D:D

Haha. Joke... :) Thanks again! :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom