Monochrome (for those who like dark skins), updated... (1 Viewer)

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Is it possible to have like Xspin skin, in "my movie" a resume of the film in 'list" view mode?
Is this what you were after?

This is perfect, IMO.

BTW, in Music, if you browse by Album Artist/List, it has stopped showing any images in the album art square to the left of the list. Before it used to show one or more covers, depending on how many albums were under each Album Artist entry. Now it just shows a blank square. What happened?

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ ThaClown, glad it's working for you ;).

I've reported a bug about how when I come back from the season screen it doesn't select the series I was in - that's how it's supposed to behave, and that's how it works in the Revision skin.

It's all very weird really. I have spotted multiple issues that might be related to the same origin.
    When moving around the mouse over the series banners, the focus only moves from one series to the other if my mouse cursor is at the left of the screen.
    In the season / episode screens, mouse hot focus doesn't work at all. (All those are working in other skins, so it's a monochrome issue).

What I've noticed is that the mouse focus seems to be working when it's inside the region normally occupied by the popup panel on the left side - even though it's not showing in the MPTVSeries screens. Could it be the root of the problem?
    Hi zeflash, you said you don't have any problems with TV Series in other skins. Which skins have you tried that use the fullscreen for the series screen, I've tried Xface and have the same problems you mentioned. If the series screen shows a "list" there aren't any problems. Is it possible that the fault lies with the plugins handling of the "big icon" view, or could be the MP code?

I'm open to suggestions....

Update: I've managed to sort out the mouse navigation issues by reworking one of Spuck's xmls ;) (see attached screenies). But I cannot figure out why the selected series is not remembered when returning to the series screen :(.

Attachments

• Untitled-30.jpg
      Untitled-30.jpg
      157.4 KB
    • Untitled-31.jpg
      Untitled-31.jpg
      146.6 KB

stefancrs

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Psycho Reptile:

Hi, I'm currently using the latest official release (0.8) and recently started using my HTPC for TV watching. How's the USB-stick coming along for you? There seem to be a bunch of layout issues with the TV screens (nothing that hinders me from using the skin, just annoyances in an elsewise awesome design!) with channel listings, description texts etc ending up outside of the screen.

Just wondering if this is something you (or someone else!) might look into or if I should just chill :)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ stefancrs, I've uploaded a new version this morning (waiting on approval), that has a lot of reworked tv xmls. I got the USB-stick, but it's a bitch trying to get a half decent signal. I may still need to update the tv screens, it's helpful if peeps post screenshots running 0.9 and mentioning the res you run ;).

stefancrs

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @ stefancrs, I've uploaded a new version this morning (waiting on approval), that has a lot of reworked tv xmls. I got the USB-stick, but it's a bitch trying to get a half decent signal. I may still need to update the tv screens, it's helpful if peeps post screenshots running 0.9 and mentioning the res you run ;).

Will give it a try ASAP (which, if I'm lucky, will be tomorrow, but most likely it will be after christmas), and if there still are any issues I will post my 1280x720 screenshots :)

Mucho thankos for all the great work you've put into this so far! And, oh, any chance whatsoever of a 4:3 or 5:4 version in the future? OTOH, I should probably get a new (and wide) monitor for my ordinary PC too.... :)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England

As always thanks Psycho! :)

Avigrace

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Beautiful update, you should be very proud of this skin!

I did notice was the red progress bar on the OSD watching live TV was about 10 pixels too low. I do run at a resolution though of 1216x684 due to my Sony Bravia overscanning HDMI inputs so maybe something my end. Also is it possible to label the five icons on the lower right somehow?

Oh and in the map plugin I would sometimes bring up the topbar when scrolling round the maps, is that something which can be fixed in this skin?

Finally, in the usenet plugin could you make the dynamic text area in the lower left a little bigger as it tends to have to scroll to show me all the information which makes it a little hard to read.

Attachments

• live tv.JPG
      live tv.JPG
      71.1 KB

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Psycho Reptile said:
    But I cannot figure out why the selected series is not remembered when returning to the series screen :(.

I am pretty sure this is a problem with the Mediaportal core or the tvseries plugin itself because this issue has been present ever since the core.dll was patched to allow the thumbnail panel view back in the RC2 days. Spuck said he was going to tell Inker about it but nothing ever happened. I tried to fix it but some of the code was over my head. If somebody more knowledgeable could look into it I would be very grateful because this is my #1 annoyance.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yup sucks when you have to start moving 10 fields down after quickly checking for a new episode in a series. And then do it again after checking the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom