Monochrome/indigo for screen 16:9 (res 1920 x 1080) (1 Viewer)

nmt1978

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Is there anyone here using HDTV 1080p? could anyone make Mono/Indigo skin for such screens (16: 9, 1920 x 1080)?

Please!

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
May I ask why? The skin skales nice up to 1920x1080, don't have a problem with it with that resolution (use Indigo 2.4). I for my part don't see the benefit of it.

If there is a problem with the newer Skinversion, then sorry. :)

nmt1978

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
yes i have some problem with that skin using my screen 1080p. some texts and pictures are missing its borders...etc

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hm... using Indigo myslef @ 1920x1080, w/o any problems.

Could you please be more specific?
    Me too actually, Indigo and Monochrome. I started doing a 1920 native version and it's way too much work! I'm with Spragleknas - I scales fine.

PS: I'm gonna release a new version soon and will include 1.0 final release files ;)

:oops:

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too have been using Monochrome and Indigo for quite some time on my 1080 TV. Looks great!

jfirth8187

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Brierley Hill
    Home Country
    I'd like to see this skin upgraded to true 1920x1080. Would be unbelievable then. Unfortunately I can see the difference in quality with this skin compared to a true 1080 skin now that i've moved to full 1080p on my HTPC.
    The move from 1366x768 to 1920x1080 has shown a big difference in performance of the skin and visible quality.
    I am a massive fan of this skin in its Indigo variation. Can somebody post a screenshot of their 1080 looking skin so that I can compare. Maybe I have some settings wrong, i'm probably sure i've got some setting wrong????

Thanks in advance, Jon.

illStyle

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2006
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to see this skin upgraded to true 1920x1080. Would be unbelievable then. Unfortunately I can see the difference in quality with this skin compared to a true 1080 skin now that i've moved to full 1080p on my HTPC.
    The move from 1366x768 to 1920x1080 has shown a big difference in performance of the skin and visible quality.
    I am a massive fan of this skin in its Indigo variation.
    Hi,

don't get me wrong.... I just don't believe you :p. A 1080p version of that skin will have no benefit at all. It is assumed that the skin autor knows what he is talking about, saying a 1080p version is a waste of time. Apart from that it will have a negative impact on performance (due to larger textures).

Regards,
    Simon

jfirth8187

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Brierley Hill
    Home Country
    i disagree, must be a setup issue for myselft then, i'll review what ive done since moving up resolutions. I can see a difference. Why would people make a 1080 skin if there would be no improvement?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Whatever maybe the improvement or not it will be a lot, and seriously a lot of work to do it right because all of the graphics of the original monochrome are basically useless and would have to be redone in 1920x1080 resolution.
    It might be PS has some vertex based stuff you might be able to borrow which you can blow up easily but I'm not too sure about that.

Users who are viewing this thread