Mouse Cursor is always present (2 Viewers)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry, I will not be able to provide logs because the issue has dissapear. I know that I updated from 1.10 to 1.11 with Titanius 1.5.0.0 and I saw the "always present cursor" at this time. Then I reinstalled TITANIUS 1.5.0.0 since and the problem is gone.

Don't know if it's related or not. But there is no more problem now.

Last edited:

ryan1

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I will reinstall 1.11 tonight and post the logs.

ryan1

Portal Member
    April 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Since I couldn't run watchdog 1 without connecting a mouse (doing so causes the cursor to go away), I disabled all of the plugins manually and the mouse cursor issue went away. Re-enabling them one at a time, I have tracked down the source of the problem: MP-TV Series. Whenever this is enabled, I have a constant mouse cursor on my screen and on top of playing video. Disabling it cures the problem.

Since MPTVSeries hasn't been updated, something was changed in 1.11 that is causing MP-TV Series to do this.

Sarah

Portal Member
    May 20, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had this problem with 1.10 too and maybe earlier versions. I have a wireless keyboard/mouse which is normnally switched off. Sometimes I see a mouse cursor in the middle of the playback screen so I have to switch on keyboard/mouse to move the cursor to the end of the screen..

baisuols

January 30, 2012
    Confirm. After 1.11 upgrade (skin Titan), mouse cursor is always present on screen. Mouse cursor disappearing after moving mouse.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a rework of mouse cursor sometimes ago because cursor can appear itself right after disappear etc. so in overall it works better but it seems introduce issue when no mouse connected ? (it will be difficult to debug that lol without mouse).

Could you reproduce with fresh watchdog (first option) log and tell step by step to reproduce it ?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Confirm. After 1.11 upgrade (skin Titan), mouse cursor is always present on screen. Mouse cursor disappearing after moving mouse.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428840125][/DOUBLEPOST]I too have this problem since upgrading mediaportal to 1.11
    I have a logitech wireless keyboard with built in mouse.I enclose logs, hope they are of some help

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428840125][/DOUBLEPOST]I too have this problem since upgrading mediaportal to 1.11
    I have a logitech wireless keyboard with built in mouse.I enclose logs, hope they are of some help
    So mouse always on screen (directly) ?
    It can be a focus issue too.
    Could you try to do alt+tab to select another app and back to select MP to have focus.
    Could you try to disable TVSeries ? (i think i have read that it can be related even if i don't know why)
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom