Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@fforde: no problem at all, i'm even a bit glad it wasn't a fault on my side :)

What about 2. and 3.? Any ideas on this? I'm not sure if these are bugs, if so i can gladly enter them into the bugtracking process.

Sorry, was focusing on the first issue so much. For #2, that is just an issue with the data in movie-xml.com's database. Sorry about that. :( Once we add a few more data providers (like IMDB), data like this will be better.

For #3 there is a button on the toolbar of the importer that lets you manually enter a search string (by title). In an upcoming release you'll be able to search by imdb ID also.

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
For the past week I have been following this project closely and excited about its progress... I have been waiting for a plugin like this forever.. So thank you for your work.

Now on to my experience thus far..

Two things I noticed...

Not sure if this was by design but some of my files use hyphens instead of periods or anything else for spaces. It doesn't appear like that it parses these out, thus no matches would be found and I would have to manually enter the string.

The other item I noticed was my movies that are in multiple cds still had a little bit of difficulty (though a bit better then myvideos). The problem lies with how I have the files.

Example Movie

/Jaws/CD1/Jaws_dvdrip_cd1.avi and /Jaws/CD2/Jaws_dvdrip_cd2.avi

Would have a hard time I am guessing since the parent folder is just cd1 and cd2, however if you go the level above, the movie title is almost always near perfect.

Other then that, everything went perfect.... Now just waiting for the fanart sites to comeback up... (will have to reset my database for it to gather fanart?)

Archigos

September 1, 2008
Middle of New York State
Home Country
moviebackdrops.com

Hey again, sorry for the issues with the site being down again. If there are any web programmers out there that want to help me with a few of the issues maybe we can get a crack on this and it wont happen again. I have a few ideas of things to try, just haven't had the time with doctor visits.

As of right now, the site is back up, but if you see the error screen the site normally comes back around 9PM EST (+0100 GMT) give or take a few minutes.

So far my hosting company is cool with this, but I'm guessing if I don't solve the problem they'll start to get real mad after a few more suspensions.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
@zach84a

All issues you describe I think are because underscores (or hyphens) are not replaced with spaces by default. This is an easy fix, but it will have to wait until the next version, sorry about that, this is something I am surprised we have not addressed yet. As far as fanart goes, Moving Pictures checks for new artwork each time you restart MediaPortal, so there is no need to rebuild your database.

Archigos

Thanks for the update. Sorry if I had web experience I would take a look. :( Unfortunately my expertise lies in C++, C# and Java. I will PM you though, maybe it will help to bounce your ideas off someone.

Conflicted

Portal Member
July 8, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hey,

Nobody else have the issue where the stars/ratings doesn't work?

-I'm using the default skin
-I've overwritten the default stars of the aeon wide\media folder with the ones from the default skin
-The new stars are showing in the built in video menu's imdb rating, but in Moving Pictures I only get the shadow of the stars

Very frustrating :/

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Hey,

Nobody else have the issue where the stars/ratings doesn't work?

-I'm using the default skin
-I've overwritten the default stars of the aeon wide\media folder with the ones from the default skin
-The new stars are showing in the built in video menu's imdb rating, but in Moving Pictures I only get the shadow of the stars

Very frustrating :/

as far as i remember the default skin files don't look good with Aeon skin.

You can try using the Aeon Skin files found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/299712-post761.html

The default skin files where made for Titanium skin and they look very nice in Titanium but not as good as in Aeon.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great plugin! Most of the enhancements I thought of from my first 15min of using it have already been submitted.

Felias

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    fforde:

Thanks for the info. Again: That is also perfectly fine. You are investing so much time in this, thats more than anyone can expect :)

Conflicted:

See my post one page ago: I also have the stars bug... But as FForde says:

that is just an issue with the data in movie-xml.com's database. Sorry about that. Once we add a few more data providers (like IMDB), data like this will be better.

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Conflicted:

See my post one page ago: I also have the stars bug... But as FForde says:

that is just an issue with the data in movie-xml.com's database. Sorry about that. Once we add a few more data providers (like IMDB), data like this will be better.

Thanks for the answer Felias, just wierd that some people (at least when judging from the screens people post) seem to have no issue with this.

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also hope for other data providers (dutch in my case) the problem I find with these type of databases is that I cannot state the data is good (and should no longer be changed) as it is in my local HTPC database. For MPTV series there are ongoing changes in for example genre, very annoying if that is what you sort at.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom