Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
so far 4:3 skin files have been edited. Please bear with me as I am not a developer/programmer whatsoever. I first had to find out what every control thingie did/does.

Moved around some components. I will however try to mimic the original layout.
I did disable displaying the star rating system, small icons and some other stuff, only using the included media files.
Some elements are moved outside of the visible screen, others are yet to be positioned correctly.
And, as a matter of fact, the included screen shot is of my laptop (1200x800) skin is displaying correctly on my TV.

Issues I am having, when centering the backdrop, I would like to have it appear at the very top of my screen, now it is showing a little (about 90) units below the top of the screen. Setting <posY> to -90 (or even -150) still leaves a gap between top and start of the backdrop. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• movingpictures.4-3.listview.JPG
    movingpictures.4-3.listview.JPG
    108.5 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I dunno, that seems a little weird. The plug-in isn't manipulating the position of any screen elements so as far a I know it should be going where you put it. The only thing I can think of is the backdrop itself has a black bar at the top and MediaPortal wont allow you to use negative units. That is total speculation though I could be wrong on both counts.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to set up the plugin so that it automaticaly checks the moviefolder instead of the net for a cover?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    No, not yet, sorry. It works for backdrops, but not yet implemented for covers. >< It is coming though in the near future.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great thank you. :)

And another request, probably a long shot tough, having a button for exporting the data (movieinfo backdrop and covers) to the movie folder.

This to make it easier to maintain multiple computers.

Perhaps some sort of a DB import like in MyFilms?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Issues I am having, when centering the backdrop, I would like to have it appear at the very top of my screen, now it is showing a little (about 90) units below the top of the screen. Setting <posY> to -90 (or even -150) still leaves a gap between top and start of the backdrop. Any thoughts?

I was using the <centered>yes</centered>. I disabled them and was able to position the backdrop again. For the correct display I am expecting some (minor) ratio issues. Showing those backdrop images sure is a kick-*ss feature ;-)

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    I would like to contribute backdrops. Would screen grabs make good quality backdrops or am I just wasting my time?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    They would make good backdrops if the video resolution was 1280x720 or better. This is the minimum for both sites the plug-in pulls from. A lot of times though the movie studio releases promotional artwork that make great backdrops as well.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    I would def grab at a high resolution. Promo material would be better of course.... but I have too many old movies where that is damn near impossible to find. :) So I might as well share if I'm going to making them for myself.

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    Just converted my 450 myvideos over to Moving Pictures and it was able to find covers for around 400 and backgrounds for around 300. One thing I did notice is that myvideos using the imdb.com grabber was able to find more covers then Moving Pictures does. Of course the quality of the covers is much better in Moving Pictures. Would it be possible for Moving Pictures to default to another site for covers when movie-xml and the other sites do not have them? I think imdb.com will default to amazon.com if it cannot find it at the primary site so would that be possible with Moving Pictures?

Also for those movies that do not have backgrounds would it be possible to have random images rather then the blank screen?

thanks again for a great plugin

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom