Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergo

Portal Pro
August 30, 2005
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Is there a possibility to scan the movie folders for jpeg's? And if not, could this be implemented?
I've got high-res covers for each movie, but the plugin downloads new (low-res) ones everytime

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I just downloaded your files and copied them to the "Project Mayham"-Skin directory - but I do not see any pictures, just text...do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
Baldur

Hey Baldur,
my files are only the 4x3 resolution/ratio skin files. You will need to download the complete plugin. If you are on a 4x3 resolution, I am still working on the 4x3 skin files. The files included in the plugin are based on a 16x9 ratio.
So, download the plugin and try it. It is great!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Guys, a lot of these issues you are reporting have already been logged in the issue tracker. Before you report an issue please check over there first to see if what you are looking for is already on the to do list. I really appreciate you all tracking down issues and helping me get them logged to be worked on, but half the posts I make on this board are in response to issues that are already identified, confirmed, and scheduled. I am on my mobile, so I can't link you but please see the sticky thread about bug fix and enhancement requests.

All that being said I added a few issues on the tracker. One for manually entering an import path (rather than browsing for it) and another for incorrect playtime listed on the OSD.

To whoever said the movie details was wrong on the OSD, what skin are you using? This is probably a plugin issue, but it probably a result of a skin using different tags than what I am writing to.

I know I missed a few issues so if there is something I have not mentioned or addressed, go ahead and add a new issue to the tracker.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am working on a scriptable dataprovider (scraper) right now. This is mainly to address downtime issues with the existing data sources. Right now, when they go down you can't scan any new movies. This next update will give you a few alternative sources. This release is about a week away. After that is a bug fix release that will take maybe another week. Then we will start to get int some new enhancements. You can see detailsof what will be in each release on the issue tracker. The work items are categorized by (among other things) targeted version.

baldur

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I just downloaded your files and copied them to the "Project Mayham"-Skin directory - but I do not see any pictures, just text...do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
    Baldur

Hey Baldur,
    my files are only the 4x3 resolution/ratio skin files. You will need to download the complete plugin. If you are on a 4x3 resolution, I am still working on the 4x3 skin files. The files included in the plugin are based on a 16x9 ratio.

Hi marvenius,

I already use the plugin, that's not the problem (it's even my favourite :) ). I am also using the Project Mayhem skin (4:3). In the thread on this skin I've been told, that you are working on skinning the Moving Pictures plugin, so I thought the two files you posted are working. But as I wrote, I only can see the text, that means the movie titles on the right side and title and slogan of the currently selected movie in the centre of the top of the screen. But maybe it's the wrong files and/or usage, so I hope you can help me...:D

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thanks,
    Baldur

Hey Baldur,

Hi marvenius,

I already use the plugin, that's not the problem (it's even my favourite :) ). I am also using the Project Mayhem skin (4:3). In the thread on this skin I've been told, that you are working on skinning the Moving Pictures plugin, so I thought the two files you posted are working. But as I wrote, I only can see the text, that means the movie titles on the right side and title and slogan of the currently selected movie in the centre of the top of the screen. But maybe it's the wrong files and/or usage, so I hope you can help me...:D

I suspect you didn't add the media files that came with the plugin to your PM3 skin folder.. Since marvenius only provided new xml's I take it he uses the media files from the default skin. Do this: Install the default skinfiles that came with the plugin, like its described in the readme, be sure to add them to your PM3 skin folder. Then add the new xml's.. and you should be good to go =)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am working on a scriptable dataprovider (scraper) right now. This is mainly to address downtime issues with the existing data sources. Right now, when they go down you can't scan any new movies. This next update will give you a few alternative sources. This release is about a week away. After that is a bug fix release that will take maybe another week. Then we will start to get int some new enhancements. You can see detailsof what will be in each release on the issue tracker. The work items are categorized by (among other things) targeted version.

So, will the "backup" scrape create an id in the database that the plugin "sees" and then updates from the favoured provider as it gets available again?

Something like "scrape quality = 1/0"?
    Emph

:D

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    fforde, does the plugin support the animation control (either by itself or general MP)
    I was thinking about the missing artwork and perhaps (both learning experience for me and feature for (any) skin) to do this with an animation with overlay of colordiffuse. The diffuse would take the edge of of the backdrop, as it is not the backdrop for the selected movie.
    Path would be hardcoded for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom