Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know I have mentioned a few times around here that Moving Pictures 0.7 is coming soon. I'd hate to keep you all in the dark so it is time for a quick status update.

We went into internal testing for 0.7 last Monday and our testers found a handful of bugs that needed to be addressed. Over the last week we have ironed out these issues and today we are going into round two of testing with a second Alpha. This phase should (hopefully!) go much quicker so I am expecting a turn around of just a few days. After round two of testing we will correct any issues, package things up and do the official release.

So you can expect another four days or so? Maybe next weekend if things don't go too smoothly. Sorry this has gotten pushed back so much, we just want to make sure the plug-in is as best as it can be. Comments or questions are welcome, but please be aware we are pretty much full on testers for the time being.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could you please update the Skin designers guide with any changes in 0.70 so they can prepare? :D

New labels etc.
    Emph

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2009
    John
    I'm quite new here and like Moving Pictures very much. But it's not useful for me so far, since I need scrapper for russian movie resource ?????????.ru. ??? ?????? ???????. I've heard that in 0.7 gonna be scrappers developers guide. Is it true? I'd like to use it.

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the heads-up !! I really appreciate it. Take all the time you need to deliver another great step forward for this excellent plugin.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes a scraper developers guide will be created for the launch of 0.7. I've already started working on a rough outline for it a bit, so work has already started on it. As for a Russian scraper mitiok2008, hopefully this guide will be helpful for someone that understands a bit of Russian to put together a scraper. We are trying to get data sources from as many sites as possible, but it all just takes time.

I will try to update the Skin Designer's guide tonight emphatic. Sorry that is something I have meant to do earlier, but it keeps getting put off.

As for Windows 7 testers, we already have a few people on our test team testing under Windows 7 (and things seem to be working correctly on there). Thank you for the offer though Galaphile.

Da_ruler

Portal Member
    January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    john if the english guide is out i give it to my wife to make a russian translation if you want this

Jeomite

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank you for the update!

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2009
    Yes a scraper developers guide will be created for the launch of 0.7. I've already started working on a rough outline for it a bit, so work has already started on it. As for a Russian scraper mitiok2008, hopefully this guide will be helpful for someone that understands a bit of Russian to put together a scraper. We are trying to get data sources from as many sites as possible, but it all just takes time.
    Nice to hear it. I hope my knowledge of computures will be enough to write scraper for Russian resource. But definitely, if you need some help with translation of guide you can count on me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom