excellent news mate
    cant wait for the release!!!!!!

just keep up this amazing work

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    According to the issue tracker #149 is fixed and included in 0.7.0, is this correct?

How is his fixed? Will there be root detection of UNC paths so if a network is temporary down the movies will not be removed from the database?

This is great if that is the case. Then I don't need to make regulary backups of the database.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    According to the issue tracker #149 is fixed and included in 0.7.0, is this correct?

How is his fixed? Will there be root detection of UNC paths so if a network is temporary down the movies will not be removed from the database?

This is great if that is the case. Then I don't need to make regulary backups of the database.

Yes thats pretty much how it works. Functionally speaking, you no longer have to mark watch folders as removable, and if a network drive (or any other type of removable media) is taken offline, Moving Pictures will not remove your files from the database.

Are you using the removable setting for your import path though? A crude version of this functionality exists in 0.6, if you have an import path marked as removable files will never be automatically removed from it...

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    fforde,

I am not sure what time schedule you are planning for 0.8... nor, would I expect you to answer it :)

I would like to only use Moving Pictures and not MyVideos anymore.

The only problem is that I have Movies, HD Movies & Music Videos. So this is where the shares views comes into play.

Until 0.8 is released, is it possible to do a crude method & run multiple versions of Moving Pictures ? Ie. rename the DLLS, etc ?

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    My method is to use Moving Pictures for movies only, the excellent MVids plugin for music videos, MY TVSeries for TV Series, and My Videos sits there in shares view for anything else I can't get to via these. Works for me.

I think the confusion sometimes comes with Moving Pictures and My Videos needing to be mutually exclusive. They will (and do on my system) quite happily co-exist.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    My method is to use Moving Pictures for movies only, the excellent MVids plugin for music videos, MY TVSeries for TV Series, and My Videos sits there in shares view for anything else I can't get to via these. Works for me.

I think the confusion sometimes comes with Moving Pictures and My Videos needing to be mutually exclusive. They will (and do on my system) quite happily co-exist.

Thanks for the suggestion... Perhaps I could use it the way you have suggested. I might give MVids a try and see if it works with my music videos!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    fforde,

I am not sure what time schedule you are planning for 0.8... nor, would I expect you to answer it :)

I would like to only use Moving Pictures and not MyVideos anymore.

The only problem is that I have Movies, HD Movies & Music Videos. So this is where the shares views comes into play.

Until 0.8 is released, is it possible to do a crude method & run multiple versions of Moving Pictures ? Ie. rename the DLLS, etc ?

Sorry it is not currently possible to have multiple instances of Moving Pictures running at the same time.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Yes thats pretty much how it works. Functionally speaking, you no longer have to mark watch folders as removable, and if a network drive (or any other type of removable media) is taken offline, Moving Pictures will not remove your files from the database.

Are you using the removable setting for your import path though? A crude version of this functionality exists in 0.6, if you have an import path marked as removable files will never be automatically removed from it...

Very nice! I don't like the removeable option since I like the feature that movies actually are removed when deleted from disc. But now 0.7 is close and the problem is gone so I am happy! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom