Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available | Page 53

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by fforde, November 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.6 Stable Available

This thread is for feedback on the current release, not for general usability questions guys. By posting here you are making your question less visible to others which means it is harder for those people to help you, and once the question is answered, it will be harder for new users to find information they may be looking for if the information is buried in a thread like this. So just make a new thread if you have a question, don't post here. :p

And sgn, by default two part movies should be automatically merged. If the two parter is not automatically detected you can merge two files in the importer together by highlighting both and using the merge/split button (looks like a green arrow).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fforde

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.6 Stable Available

Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable is now available. This release mostly includes updates to scraper scripts and the scraper engine itself. In general with the new release you should get more accurate data faster. Additionally we have implemented a few changes to reduce the burden our plugin places on sites we pull data from and for this reason this update is highly recommended.

In the future we plan to release an additional Moving Pictures 1.0 release to address some of the stability issues that have been cropping up in the forum. We also continue to work on Moving Pictures 1.1 and Moving Pictures Social. Hopefully we will have both launched with in a few months but please understand that everyone on our team has a day job and Moving Pictures can usually only be fit in during nights and weekends. Because of this it is difficult to predict future release dates with much certainty.

Please feel free to post comments and questions in this thread. If however you have a bug to report please post on our issue tracker. If you post a bug report in the forum we will make every attempt to keep track of and respond to it, but priority will be given to bugs filed in our issue tracker.

Download

• Like Like x 16
  4. ScoobyMP

ScoobyMP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

Hi,
    Many thanks for the improvements in 1.0.7. I have noticed an issue with cover art in this release though. If I cycle through the cover art for a movie to choose the best cover, when I click on another movie in the list the UI hangs for approximately 10 seconds or so before responding and showing the next selected movie. After doing this a few times, I get an OutOfMemoryException message shown. My system isn't short on free memory :) Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

5. Sarevok81

Sarevok81 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:

I'have installed the last version of plugin: 1.0.7.
    From yesterday the plugin don't download backdrops.

Is a plugin problem?
    Or site problem of themovedeb.org?

Thx.

6. donmerlinus

donmerlinus Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi,

this was a site problem. I had this with "Ember Media Manager" too.

DonMerlinus

7. Djang

Djang Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hope this get fixed soon, it frustrates me like hell.

8. fforde

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:

As far as the backdrop issue goes, there may be some issues with IMDb surfacing because of their site redesign which indirectly could affect backdrop retrieval. I will look into this stuff tomorrow but if anyone could post some debug logs that would be awesome...

9. HTPC-Geek
    • Premium Supporter

HTPC-Geek MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

I got an example for pulling the wrong backdrops

Movie: Ravages
    IMDB: Ravages (2007) (TV)
    OFDB: OFDb - Außer Kontrolle (2007)

The IMDB exist in the movingpicturedb (tt0871883)
    There might be no backdrop at all but why i get this "grey-gardens-original.jpg" instead?

Or is it some crap data from the database itself since the log say FileBasedResource ?

I don't want to start from scratch sine i would loose all my manual edited Data.

10. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 2
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

Since this is a scraper issue, you need to provide scraper debug enabled log files. It looks like the ß character might freak out TheMovieDb API, but won't know without scraper debug enabled log files. Please check wiki or FAQ on how to generate those (little green bug needs to be enabled). And please only re-import a single movie, otherwise it is almost impossible to solve it easy. On that note, please disable the impawards scraper, because it is generating a ton of errors on movies you have that lack certain artwork.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HTPC-Geek
    • Premium Supporter

HTPC-Geek MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

1st Thanks for the hint with the green BUG ;-)

Here is what i did before, i removed wrong coverart files and backdrops from my HDD.
    I don't had to import a movie, just starting MP and wait so the wrong backdrops and coverart get downloaded automatically.

I got the feeling this lines in the logs might be reason it gets the wrong backdrops and coverart:
    Code (Text):
    2. 19-Sep-2010 16:42:34 Debug [         ScraperNode]: Retrieving URL: http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181,
    3. 19-Sep-2010 16:42:41  Warn [          WebGrabber]: Connection failed: Reached retry limit of 5. URL=http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181,
    I tried http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181, in my browser and its working fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!