Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.6 Stable Available

This thread is for feedback on the current release, not for general usability questions guys. By posting here you are making your question less visible to others which means it is harder for those people to help you, and once the question is answered, it will be harder for new users to find information they may be looking for if the information is buried in a thread like this. So just make a new thread if you have a question, don't post here. :p

And sgn, by default two part movies should be automatically merged. If the two parter is not automatically detected you can merge two files in the importer together by highlighting both and using the merge/split button (looks like a green arrow).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.6 Stable Available

Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable is now available. This release mostly includes updates to scraper scripts and the scraper engine itself. In general with the new release you should get more accurate data faster. Additionally we have implemented a few changes to reduce the burden our plugin places on sites we pull data from and for this reason this update is highly recommended.

In the future we plan to release an additional Moving Pictures 1.0 release to address some of the stability issues that have been cropping up in the forum. We also continue to work on Moving Pictures 1.1 and Moving Pictures Social. Hopefully we will have both launched with in a few months but please understand that everyone on our team has a day job and Moving Pictures can usually only be fit in during nights and weekends. Because of this it is difficult to predict future release dates with much certainty.

Please feel free to post comments and questions in this thread. If however you have a bug to report please post on our issue tracker. If you post a bug report in the forum we will make every attempt to keep track of and respond to it, but priority will be given to bugs filed in our issue tracker.

Download

ScoobyMP

Portal Member
July 18, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

Hi,
Many thanks for the improvements in 1.0.7. I have noticed an issue with cover art in this release though. If I cycle through the cover art for a movie to choose the best cover, when I click on another movie in the list the UI hangs for approximately 10 seconds or so before responding and showing the next selected movie. After doing this a few times, I get an OutOfMemoryException message shown. My system isn't short on free memory :) Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Sarevok81

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country

I'have installed the last version of plugin: 1.0.7.
From yesterday the plugin don't download backdrops.

Is a plugin problem?
Or site problem of themovedeb.org?

Thx.

donmerlinus

Portal Member
August 6, 2005

I'have installed the last version of plugin: 1.0.7.
From yesterday the plugin don't download backdrops.

Is a plugin problem?
Or site problem of themovedeb.org?

Thx.

Hi,

this was a site problem. I had this with "Ember Media Manager" too.

DonMerlinus

Djang

Portal Pro
November 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hope this get fixed soon, it frustrates me like hell.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

As far as the backdrop issue goes, there may be some issues with IMDb surfacing because of their site redesign which indirectly could affect backdrop retrieval. I will look into this stuff tomorrow but if anyone could post some debug logs that would be awesome...

HTPC-Geek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

I got an example for pulling the wrong backdrops

Movie: Ravages
    IMDB: Ravages (2007) (TV)
    OFDB: OFDb - Außer Kontrolle (2007)

The IMDB exist in the movingpicturedb (tt0871883)
    There might be no backdrop at all but why i get this "grey-gardens-original.jpg" instead?

Or is it some crap data from the database itself since the log say FileBasedResource ?

I don't want to start from scratch sine i would loose all my manual edited Data.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

I got an example for pulling the wrong backdrops

Movie: Ravages
    IMDB: Ravages (2007) (TV)
    OFDB: OFDb - Außer Kontrolle (2007)

The IMDB exist in the movingpicturedb (tt0871883)
    There might be no backdrop at all but why i get this "grey-gardens-original.jpg" instead?

Or is it some crap data from the database itself since the log say FileBasedResource ?

I don't want to start from scratch sine i would loose all my manual edited Data.

Since this is a scraper issue, you need to provide scraper debug enabled log files. It looks like the ß character might freak out TheMovieDb API, but won't know without scraper debug enabled log files. Please check wiki or FAQ on how to generate those (little green bug needs to be enabled). And please only re-import a single movie, otherwise it is almost impossible to solve it easy. On that note, please disable the impawards scraper, because it is generating a ton of errors on movies you have that lack certain artwork.

HTPC-Geek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.0.7 Stable Available

1st Thanks for the hint with the green BUG ;-)

Here is what i did before, i removed wrong coverart files and backdrops from my HDD.
    I don't had to import a movie, just starting MP and wait so the wrong backdrops and coverart get downloaded automatically.

I got the feeling this lines in the logs might be reason it gets the wrong backdrops and coverart:
    Code:
    19-Sep-2010 16:42:34 Debug [         ScraperNode]: Retrieving URL: http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181, 
    19-Sep-2010 16:42:41  Warn [          WebGrabber]: Connection failed: Reached retry limit of 5. URL=http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181,
    I tried http://www.ofdb.de/film/132181, in my browser and its working fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom