Moving Pictures 1.0.8 Stable Available (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl33p3r

Portal Member
July 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was wondering if there is a way to make the parental controls lock back up when you exit Moving Pictures and go to the home screen?
We were planning to add a timeout so that after a certain period of inactivity the parental filter would turn back on. If you (or others) think that in addition to this it would be valuable to optionally re-enable the filter when exiting and reentering the plugin, we could do this to.

So what do you think, is a timeout enough or should an exit cause a parental filter reset too?

I think both options would be valuable, and they should be configurable. You should be able to enable one or both options and set the timeout value. For me personally, the exit/enter option is more important.

Have you also thought of having multiple "parental" locks, each with a different keycode?

Thanks Again...
--
Dave

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
great, thanks a lot fforde and team! can't wait for the week-end to make a major upgrade!

one quick question: since i can't imagine my htpc without moving pictures, i want to donate. however. i no longer use paypal. i got burned twice and that's enough. is there any way you could make donations possible with google checkout, for instance?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I think both options would be valuable, and they should be configurable. You should be able to enable one or both options and set the timeout value. For me personally, the exit/enter option is more important.

Have you also thought of having multiple "parental" locks, each with a different keycode?

Thanks Again...
I have noted in the parental controls enhancement issue that we should optionally turn parental controls back on when exiting and reentering the plugin.

As for multiple parental controls with multiple locks, this is something we would be willing to consider if there is enough demand for this, it's not something we felt would be used often though which is why we went with the simpler approach initially. If this is something you feel strongly about fill out an enhancement request and we will try to get it scheduled.

great, thanks a lot fforde and team! can't wait for the week-end to make a major upgrade!

one quick question: since i can't imagine my htpc without moving pictures, i want to donate. however. i no longer use paypal. i got burned twice and that's enough. is there any way you could make donations possible with google checkout, for instance?

Added Google Checkout. Thanks for considering donating! :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Thanks a ton Boiler, and to everyone else that has donated. ^^

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Can we hope for 16:10 support? I see you moved it in the google page to 1.4 :(

Well honestly you are the first to mention this in a long time, and the issue only has three people starring it (one of them me!) So because of this it is a bit lower on the priority list. Out of curiosity, what 16x10 skins are actively developed right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom