Moving Pictures 1.1 Stable + Follw.it Website Support (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeh i think that way as well if it ain't broke,dont fix it,but i would have close to 800 movies.My main fear is i will stuff the upgrade up and that's a lot of time to get all that info back in plus over 40 tv series.Lately the movies gets the info but not the cover so i get the cover manually apart from that its great.I might ghost it to another drive then have a go:)

You can update the scraper scripts to solve the problem of missing info or missing artwork without updating the MovingPictures plugin itself.

And if you back both Team MediaPortal folders up, and you screw something up, then you can simply restore the backup for full recovery. For Vista/Win7 those folders are "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" and "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal" or with (x86) if you got 64-bit version of Windows. For Windows XP it's in your All Users folder somewhere, you can use the shortcuts in your start menu entry to locate them.

Including all the artwork, the folder sizes do add up, but if you have the free space for a backup that way it is the most idea way to ensure no problems on restoring. If you are low on space then backing up the plugins folder and the respective database file (movingpictures.db3) is usually enough (with exception of skin files).

spazo

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    Thanks for the info how do i update the scraper scripts because apart from the missing covers im happy with my setup.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for the info how do i update the scraper scripts because apart from the missing covers im happy with my setup.

Fforde released an update for the default imdb.com scraper.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/769299-post7.html

The problem that might happen is that the new scaper version uses code that only works for the newer versions of the MovingPictures plugin. This is why you should make that full backup as I explained before, then update the scraper as per instructions from that post and see if you can update existing movies, preferably sending some back to the importer, or import new ones.

Once you are happy that everything works as expected then sit back and enjoy :D

spazo

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    Ok cool.Really new to this, as i said once i set this up ages ago i have never updated it.To simplify things can i just update my moving pictures to say version 1.08 which should be fine with my media portal 1.02.If yes do i just install it over the top of my old moving pictures.

I will backup my user data as well,just to be safe.Once again thanks all for the info.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok cool.Really new to this, as i said once i set this up ages ago i have never updated it.To simplify things can i just update my moving pictures to say version 1.08 which should be fine with my media portal 1.02.If yes do i just install it over the top of my old moving pictures.

I will backup my user data as well,just to be safe.Once again thanks all for the info.

Yes, you can also just upgrade the MovingPictures plugin to the one that is compatible with your MediaPortal version. You will get many more extra features and functions that way as well. But I'm not sure on that now, because the latest version is either MovingPictures v1.1.4 for MediaPortal v1.1.x, or MovingPictures v1.2.2 for MediaPortal v1.2.x, and you are on MePo v1.0.2.

It's been so long, so I'm not sure if MovingPictures v1.1.4 will work for you, or if you first need to upgrade MediaPortal.

Either way, the imdb scraper was updated after MovingPictures v1.1.4 and v1.2.2 were released, so you would still need to perform the manual scraper update steps, or wait for the new version of the plugin.

spazo

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    UPDATE.I installed 1.08 over my old moving pictures way way better.Its grabbing all the covers,only problem is i have to sit there and manually update every movie that does not have a genre description,is there a way i can update the lot in 1 go instead of 1 at a time?.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    UPDATE.I installed 1.08 over my old moving pictures way way better.Its grabbing all the covers,only problem is i have to sit there and manually update every movie that does not have a genre description,is there a way i can update the lot in 1 go instead of 1 at a time?.

You can select first movie, hold down shift and press 'end' key, this will highlight all movies, at that moment you can use the green refresh icon to update all the movies. If you have a lot of movies there is a risk of memory issues on certain MovingPictures versions, in which case you can repeat it on large blocks of 100-500 movies and see how it goes.

spazo

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    Thanks RoChess that will save heaps of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom