Moving Pictures 1.4: Movie Manager Filtering (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, what sort of director/actor performance increase has been gained? I recently added those two catagories on a 1200+ movie db and updated to the beta and still find it takes much longer to open movingpictures initially than without the catagories. Should it of improved this or navigation in the catagory?

Thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The performance improvements for categories has more to do with delays at launch time and when actually creating these categories, I wouldn't expect much performance increase in the GUI. That said, for thousands of movies we could easily be talking ten thousand actors. It's just a lot and can be slow sometimes sorry. Damien did this work so maybe he can provide more details. I'll try to look at the performance again in the future to see if we can speed anything else up though.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Think I saw that on the googlecode page. Star it. What I would really like to see is backdrops for multiple movies with the same title ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1354914208][/DOUBLEPOST]Issue 212 looks like a winner. Get starring :)[DOUBLEPOST=1354914467][/DOUBLEPOST]Its a shame the actors catagories can't build when entering them (inside MePo) instead of when the plugin loads because its one of my lesser used catagories. But then I suppose that wouldn't suit everyone. But yeah I supose its only ever going to get slower as a collection grows.. No probs, thanks.

Last edited:

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Yeah, multiple backdrops for movies with same title would be nice! I have a few of those! For example I have a Laruel and Hardy film called Duck Soup and Marx brothers film with the same title. Laruel and Hardy use the same background as the Marx brothers.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, multiple backdrops for movies with same title would be nice! I have a few of those! For example I have a Laruel and Hardy film called Duck Soup and Marx brothers film with the same title. Laruel and Hardy use the same background as the Marx brothers.

IMDb+ provides a workaround for this issue, so if it bothers you, search the IMDb+ forum thread or post a new one.

ThePony

Portal Member
    October 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, all my movies are stored in separate subdirectories on my server. I use 'My Movies' software to manage backdrops and NFO files.
    As I had to install 'moving pictures' already several times and as I have a rather large libray I was hoping that I could use the 'watched' status in the NFO file to have a select which movies I've already seen. My Movies is updating the NFO file.

However this does not work. Any idea what's wrong? Hereunder an example of the relevant part of the NFO file:

Apart from that, excellent piece of software!!!

Attachments

• examplenfo.JPG
      examplenfo.JPG
      78.6 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

IMDb+ provides a workaround for this issue, so if it bothers you, search the IMDb+ forum thread or post a new one.

Just to clarify, IMDb+ does some custom title changes that prevent incorrect backdrops for movies that share a name with other films like The Day the Earth Stood Still (an old backdrop for the new film and/or vice versa). IMDb+ does not add support for multiple backdrops for the same movie, these are two separate issues.

For anyone reading the thread, if you want multiple backdrops per movie you'll just have to wait. Sorry. It's on the list of things to do but I only have so much time. If you have an incorrect backdrop loaded (be it for a similarly titled movie or not), you can always manually set a backdrop in the Movie Manager. Moving Pictures was designed under the assumption that sometimes mistakes will be made. The Movie Manager is the built in work around where you can clean up any quirks in the data that was automatically pulled and this include incorrect backdrops. If you find yourself with a lot of movies like this IMDb+ is probably the best solution right now but if it's only a few I think it would be easier to just manually adjust the data. But to each their own.

Hi, all my movies are stored in separate subdirectories on my server. I use 'My Movies' software to manage backdrops and NFO files.
    As I had to install 'moving pictures' already several times and as I have a rather large libray I was hoping that I could use the 'watched' status in the NFO file to have a select which movies I've already seen. My Movies is updating the NFO file.

However this does not work. Any idea what's wrong? Hereunder an example of the relevant part of the NFO file:

Apart from that, excellent piece of software!!!

Hi ThePony. We actually have two types of NFO logic. The basic logic is always on by default and it mostly just scans NFO files for an IMDb ID. If you actually want to use your MyMovies data as an import source you will need to prioritize the MyMovies script. Sorry this is a bit of an advanced process, but try this:
    1. Open config panel and go to the Importer Settings tab.
    2. If it's not selected, check "Manually Manage Data Sources".
    3. Click "Movie Details Data Sources".
    4. In the list find mymovies.xml, select it, then move it to the top of the list with the arrow on the toolbar.
    5. Click Ok and restart the importer (or just exit and reenter the config).
    If you still have trouble create a new thread with your debug log files and I will take a closer look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom