Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer (1 Viewer)

Bernard

Portal Pro
March 5, 2012
Centurion
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Maybe a dumb question and I think the problem might be quite similar but I cannot find it.

1) I have some movies consisting of two parts (2 MKV files) so I get two times the same movie in the list. How could I make moving pictures to just show 1 and let me play the movie?

2)I have some series of movies. like james bond, stargate, etc. I grouped them in a folder with that name e.g. "Stargate movies"
is there a way I could use MP to only see the higher level first en then dig in to the folder to show the individual others files?

Hi mrbert,

1) You need to rename your movies to something like: [Movie Title] 1.mkv, [Movie Title] 2.mkv. Or if you don't want to rename the files, you can just fix the grouping in the Moving Pictures config. I'm not sure of the exact steps. Also since the 2 movie files are already imported as seperate movies, you will have to select them and choose "Send to Importer", this is possible in the Moving Pictures config again.

2) I know they have already or are working on allowing movie grouping like this. I'm not sure when this will be done. You can always install the "IMDB+" plugin and then it will name movies like: [Group Title] I: [Original Title], [Group Title] II: [Original Title] (It is basically it's core reason for existence). Also RoChess will be implementing the Movie grouping feature in IMDB+ when it becomes available. Remember that after installing this plugin, you will have to "refresh" all your movies to enable IMDB+ to fix the titles. This is very easily accomplish from the IMDB+ GUI in media portal (look under Plugins menu option).

I don't have time to give you exact instructions, but maybe you can do a bit of research on the options I have mentioned to get the necessary details. What you are asking is beginner questions so it has been asked and explained a lot in the forum.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ already supports collections, date_added and release_date, but you need an updated Moving-Pictures plugin to use it. The official release still needs to be updated for this, so for that reason I've put a test-build of MovPic on the IMDb+ download section, incase you are adventerous to use it now.

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    IMDb+ already supports collections, date_added and release_date, but you need an updated Moving-Pictures plugin to use it. The official release still needs to be updated for this, so for that reason I've put a test-build of MovPic on the IMDb+ download section, incase you are adventerous to use it now.

I was wondering if this feature wasn't done yet. I can recall that you said something that it is done or available for testing a while back. I was MIA for a while now and thought that MovPic 1.5.1 would have the grouping option, but I didn't see it. Also I haven't had a lot of time to look for it or read up on the progress. So I just assumed it is not done yet.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is done, you need MovPic v1.5.2+, which you can compile yourself from SVN, grab my test-version that is at the IMDb+ download section, or wait for an official release of MovPic.

I've been running v1.5.2.1519 for a while now on my production box and it works well.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!
    Since short time I have following problem with MovingPictures (wich I didn'n hav before:)) :

When I'm clicking from one film to another, Moving Pictures just "hangs" at several films" before the Information about this film is shown. . On display there is always the Information of the film before. I only can move up/down/ESC (can hear it), wait about 6-12 seconds and than MP reacts again... very strange...
    :confused: o_O :confused:

I do have about 600 Films all with .nfo, folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg. No Error on Import - the problem is always with the same films (but I'm sure these films did work before... I can't see any difference between films that "work" and those who don't.

I added Logs and hope that anyone can help me. Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since short time I have following problem with MovingPictures (wich I didn'n hav before:))

So just when you navigate through the list of movies? Or is it playback related?

Did you recreate the problem when those log files were made? I did not even open the log file, because too many times lately I waste time digging through them to find out the problem itself was not captured, making the log files useless.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Since short time I have following problem with MovingPictures (wich I didn'n hav before:))

So just when you navigate through the list of movies? Or is it playback related?

Did you recreate the problem when those log files were made? I did not even open the log file, because too many times lately I waste time digging through them to find out the problem itself was not captured, making the log files useless.

Hi Rochess!
    1. It only happens when I navigate through the list(s). When I try to playback the "bad" films I can hear them "in the background", but the display keeps "hanging" at the List of MovingPictures Infos of the film before.

2. I can recreate the problem - It always happens at the same films. Sorry - I don't understand much of that Log-Files - but maybe it has something to do with these warnings in movingpictures.log??? The Movie 'Auf Liebe und Tod' is one of the films that don't work...

Code:
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:32  Warn [MovingPicturesSkinSe]: No "IsViewAvailable" skin setting for DETAILS view.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:32  Info [  MovingPicturesGUI]: Disabling native autoplay.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:32  Info [		MoviePlayer]: Playing: Movie='Auf Liebe und Tod' FullPath='V:\Videothek\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983)\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983).mp4', VideoPath='V:\Videothek\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983)\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983).mp4', Mounted=False)
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:41  Info [		MoviePlayer]: Playback Started: Internal, File=V:\Videothek\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983)\Auf Liebe und Tod (1983).mp4
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:41  Info [FollwitBackgroundPro]: Notifying follw.it you are watching 'Auf Liebe und Tod'.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:46  Info [FollwitBackgroundPro]: Notifying follw.it you are done watching 'Auf Liebe und Tod'.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:46  Info [  MovingPicturesGUI]: Re-enabling native autoplay.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:47  Warn [MovingPicturesSkinSe]: No "IsViewAvailable" skin setting for DETAILS view.
    16-Jul-2013 23:02:47  Info [  MovingPicturesGUI]: Disabling native autoplay.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    1. It only happens when I navigate through the list(s). When I try to playback the "bad" films I can hear them "in the background", but the display keeps "hanging" at the List of MovingPictures Infos of the film before.

Playback and navigate are different though. Playback is dealt with via MediaPortal, which shifts the problem to codecs/splitters. The navigation is done by Moving-Pictures. This is why it is important to establish exactly at what step.

So if the main cause is *AFTER* you press the action to play the movie, then it is most likely codec/splitter related.

A common theme is MediaInfo on that. Right before playback starts, MediaPortal uses MediaInfo to determine framerate and other info from the mediafile. This is then used to for example adjust your monitor to 24Hz for a 24fps mediafile. The problem is that MediaInfo uses the same codecs/splitters as MediaPortal needs to play the file itself. This can then cause a deadlock if MediaInfo has problems reading the file (this is why you only see the problem on a selection of files). Updating the 32-bit MediaInfo.DLL is sometimes all you need to do. The MediaInfo project updates their DLL often to solve problems and you might simply have mediafiles now that need an updated DLL to work.

A quick way to find out if that is the cause, is to rename mediainfo.dll to mediainfo.dll.old or something, and temporary disable it. If everything works fine then, then you know the cause. Then try an updated version to see if it solves your problem, and otherwise you might be stuck in having to keep it disabled and/or look into more multi-thread codec/splitter solution, such as MPC-HC standalone filters.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    A common theme is MediaInfo on that. Right before playback starts, MediaPortal uses MediaInfo to determine framerate and other info from the mediafile. This is then used to for example adjust your monitor to 24Hz for a 24fps mediafile. The problem is that MediaInfo uses the same codecs/splitters as MediaPortal needs to play the file itself. This can then cause a deadlock if MediaInfo has problems reading the file (this is why you only see the problem on a selection of files).

Actually MediaInfo doesn't use anything from the DirectShow (where the codecs etc. are) but instead it uses the internal media file parsing code. And even if MediaInfo would use the same codecs as MP itself for the playback it wouldn't be any cause for a deadlock since it would build own graph which wont affect the playback graph (unles some DS filter developer was a brainded person and used mutexes to synchronise something between the different DS graphs - something that shouldn't be ever done).

A quick way to find out if that is the cause, is to rename mediainfo.dll to mediainfo.dll.old or something, and temporary disable it. If everything works fine then, then you know the cause. Then try an updated version to see if it solves your problem, and otherwise you might be stuck in having to keep it disabled and/or look into more multi-thread codec/splitter solution, such as MPC-HC standalone filters.

If it is MediaInfo related then changing codecs wont help in any way. If changing codecs helps then it is either a bug in the DS filter or MP itself that causes the issues. Also more threading in the DS filter / codec side won't help with any playback issues like freezed images.

Last edited:

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm getting closer!
    It seems that there are several characters in my .nfo files that cause the problem!
    Right now i'm not sure wich, but it seems like "" or <> or something like that causes the trouble. All my nfo Files were made with ember MM zhey begin with !<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom