Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Skin files are 'somewhat' easy to understand.

They either work by themselves and possibly refer to custom artwork via <texture>....</texture> (these images are located inside the skins "Media" folder and might therefore need copying as well)

Or they rely on other skin files, which are loaded via <import>....</import>. These are the most dangerous ones to mess with, because the default skin might have a modified version of say "common.dialog.xml", which you would then need to copy over as well from the default skin folder to the active one and overwrite the one in place, but this could then in turn screw up the entire look of your active skin. Then it is best to wait for your skin developer to find the time to do it properly.

You can open the XML skin files with notepad and use CTRL+F to find out on the larger ones, or simply copy the file in place and see if it works.

Keep in mind that you will be mixing two totally different skin styles so it might look ugly, but at least it will be functional until the skin developer gets to it.

If you are daring you could copy the entire default skin folder content into your active skin folder and tell it to skip any existing files. That way any missing skin file, media file or anything else will be automatically copied into place (advicable to keep a backup of your active skin folder or keep track of what files get 'added').

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear All,
    thank you for your help, but unfortunately it is still not working (even with the "daring" copy method RoChess has suggested). I still get an error message that the GUI importer is "not supported with this skin". I would assume that this information is somewhere "deeper" in the skin files but I do not dare to mess "inside" the files. It would have been a nice feature, but I guess I have to continue without it. I would be open to new suggestions, though... ;)

Lenny

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Avalon isn't developed for about a year now. Mainly because the same people that did Avalon are now heavy working on Titan. So it's possible that Avalon is too outdated to work with new MovPic at all..

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The biggest chance to get avalon going with the new moving pictures, is to switch to the community mod of avalon called avallonis or avallanche, these are based on avalon and are still being updated by the community.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Moving Pictures should be backwards compatible with older skins, so shouldn't be crashing. Please post a bug report thread including logs, system specifications, download link to the version of the skin you are using + detailed steps to reproduce the problem on your system.

If you have found a bug or have a question about specific Moving Pictures functionality please consider opening a new thread so others with the same thoughts can more easily find the conversation.

IndoDanny

Portal Member
    May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Indonesia Indonesia
    Moving Pictures should be backwards compatible with older skins, so shouldn't be crashing. Please post a bug report thread including logs, system specifications, download link to the version of the skin you are using + detailed steps to reproduce the problem on your system.

If you have found a bug or have a question about specific Moving Pictures functionality please consider opening a new thread so others with the same thoughts can more easily find the conversation.

I already added my problem in a specific toppic with the logs
    This the topic: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rashes-when-editing-movie-names.117477/unread

Last edited by a moderator:

grapitas

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    Sorry for the question, but where is the delete button?
    Not find him any menu.
    I have the latest version of moving pictures installed.
    Thanks and sorry for the translation of google.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for the question, but where is the delete button?
    Not find him any menu.
    I have the latest version of moving pictures installed.
    Thanks and sorry for the translation of google.

If I can remember correctly:
    Highlight movie, Press F9, Select "Action", Choose Delete
    Also the zero key might work as well, but not sure.

grapitas

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2008
    The menu "action" did not appear on any side.
    You need to configure something to display this menu?

Thank you
    10molk7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom