Moving Pictures 1.5: Now with GUI Importer (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In Moving Pictures backend configuration, there's an option called "Enable delete from GUI" or something like that. Is that enabled for you, @grapitas?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a bug where I can't have different covers for both movies, is this a known bug?

That is a known bug in MovPic, because it looks for the covers by title only. So once you imported one of them, then during import of the next the local artwork scraper of MovPic goes "wait, I already got this movie". If you use IMDb+ and enable "Add foreign title", then the 2002 version will be imported as "The Eye (Gin gwai)" which is then detected as a different movie title by MovPic and proper covers are used. You can also add your own entries to the IMDb+ custom XML file and call it "The Eye (Asian version)" or whatever you prefer. Just keep in mind that for the covers to get fixed, you have to send them back to the importer, a refresh is not enough.

The existing ticket for this issue == http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=268

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to make that Moving Picture by default skips between 3 different wallpapers in movie details instead of a specific one like music fanarthandler it does when I just hear music? And can I use it instead of the black background in thumbsview? I think it would be really cool.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to make that Moving Picture by default skips between 3 different wallpapers in movie details instead of a specific one like music fanarthandler it does when I just hear music?

Moving Pictures currently only supports 1x fanart per movie.
    https://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=212&sort=-stars&colspec=ID Type Status Priority Stars Milestone Owner Summary

I'm pretty sure it's possible to display >1 fanart in the skin if you use fanart handler to scrape backdrops as required, but this a skin request feature not related to moving pictures.

And can I use it instead of the black background in thumbsview? I think it would be really cool.

This is also a feature of the skin, not moving pictures. Can already be done via the skin :)

Last edited:

IndoDanny

Portal Member
    May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Indonesia Indonesia
    Could you give an indication when the new version comes out? I'm waiting for the bug resolve form importing movies.
    Thanks.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If it isn't too much trouble would it be possible for you add an option to use a movie logo instead of text? I think My Tv Series has a similar feature.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe a dumb question and I think the problem might be quite similar but I cannot find it.

1) I have some movies consisting of two parts (2 MKV files) so I get two times the same movie in the list. How could I make moving pictures to just show 1 and let me play the movie?

2)I have some series of movies. like james bond, stargate, etc. I grouped them in a folder with that name e.g. "Stargate movies"
    is there a way I could use MP to only see the higher level first en then dig in to the folder to show the individual others files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom