Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (5 Viewers)

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
August 7, 2009
Cirencester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ trekkiedj: I believe I did a DISTINCT selection on the tables to avoid this kind of double outputs. But you are totally right, I have double output myself. Damndamn, why do I overlook these things all the time. Ty for notice. It seems the smash on my head had some unwilling consequences :p

No worries ;)

Its a great plugin, and with all works of progress, it takes time to iron out the kinks. Good work so far.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
July 20, 2008
Addow and all others who makes this thing work

thanks a lot !! this is what i needed, though i am very bad at html or other coding stuff, i managed to get what i need

- removed link -

ofcourse, the lay out aint that nice anymore, but i actually wanted, the absolute path, as a hover over and
then show the path. Couldnt work that out, so i messed up the style sheet - and this came out.

Usefull, still good looking - and working perfect

thanks again

moviebug

Portal Pro
November 4, 2009
Home Country
I am a relative newbie to Media portal...
I have Media portal 1.1.0 installed along with Moving Pictures 1.0 (and MPTv series)

I was looking at some way of getting a list to print out
or keep..of the movies on my hard drive(around 100 at moment)

If I install this add-on ...how do you see the list in a browser?
Do I just start up Firefox and point it to some address?

I assume some setting in the set-up makes it automatically
generate the list ?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @ moviebug:
    In the topic post there is a file attached which explains or give you at least an idea what to do: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...moving-pictures-movie-list-html-movielist.pdf
    Hope it helps you on your way. All the configuration and settings are applied in MediaPortal's Configuration tool. Go to Plugins < Process and you'll find MovingPicturesXML right away! Good luck.

Hm, a more detailed description seems unavoidable ;)

moviebug

Portal Pro
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Yep...I had seen this pdf showing the setup.

So it creates an updated index.html every interval
    that is determined by the setting in the plug-in...ie in the pdf shown as 5 mins.

So you point the Firefox at this index.html and it will give a display of
    the movies within mediaportal..correct?

Do I have to create the FTP server ...
    or is that part of the OS??.... or mediaportal??

So if I wanted to turn the plugin off ...I would go in
    to set-up and untick... create stats node ..and ...create movie list??

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Okay, it is clear you are asking for a manual export of your MP movie list. Here is a small tutorial with steps on what to do.

1. Download the full ZIP archive containing 2 folders.
    2. Extract the "movingpicturesxml" folder, which contains the XML markup file, javascript files, etc. to the output directory where you want your list to be, for example "Desktop".
    3. Extract the "process" folder to your MediaPortal plugins folder and overwrite contents if asked, or extract the plugin DLL itself from the process folder in the archive to the process folder in your MediaPortal plugins directory.
    4. Load MediaPortal Configuration and enable MovingPicturesXML, which is located under the "process" section
    5. When step 4 is finished, manually configure the plugin, which pops up its own window.
    6. Configuration options:
    - Check "Save to file", and point the directory below this field to the output folder you created in Step 2. By default the output file name should be "index.html".
    - Check "Make Stats Node", "Make Movie List" and "Customize MovieListXML"
    - Check the following values for export: id, title, year, genres, score, language, videocodec, videoresolution, audiocodec, runtime, imdb_id
    - Check "Transform XML with XSL" and point to the XSL file extracted in Step 2.
    7. Submit by clicking "Manual Export" to test if the index.html file is created. You can test it by opening it in Firefox or by pointing the url in firefox to the local index.html file.

Additionally you can choose to export your movie list to FTP.
    Note, if the plugin stays enabled, the movie list will be exported (the same way as the manual export) every x minutes (depending on the update interval in your configuration).

Hope you get it working.

@ LRFalk01:
    I'll change the default export movie details in the next release. Still not getting used to testing procedures. Good point though!

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey bushbrother,

This is a false pretense. MovPics works with the current stable release of MP. You should be fine using MP 1.0.2.

You are correct, I installed and now I am just prompted that my skin does not support categories, however everything still functions :)

Your plugin is now working perfectly, :D

My one feature request is that when clicking a movie we could get some info on the summary, and possibly a cover, much like one of the examples posted here ... Great work so far!

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey bushbrother,

This is a false pretense. MovPics works with the current stable release of MP. You should be fine using MP 1.0.2.

You are correct, I installed and now I am just prompted that my skin does not support categories, however everything still functions :)

Your plugin is now working perfectly, :D

My one feature request is that when clicking a movie we could get some info on the summary, and possibly a cover, much like one of the examples posted here ... Great work so far!
    Nice work!
    Of course, I will take it in consideration. I think its pretty useful. I'll keep you updated.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    I am sucesfully using this script, so i can share my database (including location and original filenames) with my brother, and
    some others i've picked and who may see the content. I've chosen to keep unwanted visitors away from the listing,
    using a .htacces file - that asks for a username + password. Call me paranoia, but there are some things i just dont
    wanna share with the whole world. So just for the one's who might wanna read into this workaround. 2 links

Comprehensive guide to .htaccess

online .htaccess Editor

PS: this ofcourse is a little offtopic, if this is not wanted, please let me know, then i'll edit this posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom