Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (3 Viewers)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    New version worked straight off the bat, many thanks. I'll keep my eye out for duplicate html/xml output.

Hopefully fforde will put the enhancement request into MovPics for last movie watched.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could you tell me which version of MovingPictures you are using? And is there at least 1 movie in your database (probably it is). If you are using an older version of MovPic, try to update to the latest beta. Hope this helps.

Hi I am using 0.7.2.545 but I don't think I can upgrade as I am using MP 1.0.2.0 and I was under the impression that the latest moving pictures cannot be used with lover than MP 1.1?

I guess they changed the DB structure. Oh well, I guess I will wait for 1.1 to be released. THANKS!

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey bushbrother,

This is a false pretense. MovPics works with the current stable release of MP. You should be fine using MP 1.0.2.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Could you tell me which version of MovingPictures you are using? And is there at least 1 movie in your database (probably it is). If you are using an older version of MovPic, try to update to the latest beta. Hope this helps.

Hi I am using 0.7.2.545 but I don't think I can upgrade as I am using MP 1.0.2.0 and I was under the impression that the latest moving pictures cannot be used with lover than MP 1.1?

I guess they changed the DB structure. Oh well, I guess I will wait for 1.1 to be released. THANKS!

I ran MediaPortal v1.0.2 just fine with MovingPictures v1.0.1:1001 (otherwise known as beta2), and so can you. When it starts for the first time, it will recognize your MovingPictures database is older and it will automatically upgrade it. So if you want to go back to v0.7.5 then you will need to make sure to make a backup of the movingpictures.db3 file (or a full backup on MediaPortal, which is always a good thing to do).

Currently I run MediaPortal v1.0.2 with MovingPictures v1.1.0:1003 from SVN, which also works. The reason that the developers do not want to constantly release a new version, is because when they fix things, it doesn't always guarantee they didn't break something that worked before. Daily-builds as they are called can be made yourself very easy by compiling from SVN/source yourself, and the instructions on how to do that are on the Wiki and Google Code sites.

Or you can just be patient a little longer and wait for them to release the next beta/RC when they feel it is ready for a mass-beta test. Until then they are testing/fixing it in a smaller group of people, so that they are not overloaded with requests on "it doesn't work" from users who do not know how to generate debug log files to actually help fix the problem.

This does mean that sometimes you have to wait for a more serious problem fix to get released, even when it has been solved in SVN, but you have to understand this is a beta for a reason.

But aside from a few minor problems with the beta2 that you can use, for which workarounds are known and explained (in FAQ and forum), I must admit that I would rather not eat for a day then have to go back to using the stable v0.7.5 :D

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    Am i doing something wrong here?
    Not all the movie data is exporting.

This is what my list looks like :

Attachments

• movie list.jpg
      movie list.jpg
      307.6 KB

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Addow has not changed the default items pulled from movie details. You will need to check the box saying customize movie list xml and add the missing items.

Title
    Year
    Genre
    Score
    Language
    Resolution
    audiocodec

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Suggestion: create the XML file with title sort done via SQL. Because running the default title source via mootools.js takes 5-10minutes on an older system even when opening the resulting page for the first time (on a large collection). The same sort via SQL queries goes a lot faster due to optimized binaries used for SQLite.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    Suggestion: create the XML file with title sort done via SQL. Because running the default title source via mootools.js takes 5-10minutes on an older system even when opening the resulting page for the first time (on a large collection). The same sort via SQL queries goes a lot faster due to optimized binaries used for SQLite.

Rochess beat me to the punch here. I was just about to say that mootools.js severely chews up IE8 and i am getting warnings of slow scripts.

On firefox, it does not seem that the css is formatting the page properly (shot attached)... is this just me?

Also one other thing... I noticed that movies with more than one file (ie. Lethal Weapon CD1, Lethal Weapon CD2) which MP puts together to make one entry, yet the html page lists them more than once?

go to MediaPortal Movies to see what i mean.

Otherwise, this is a great idea and much needed for me.:D

Attachments

• movie list.jpg
      movie list.jpg
      398.4 KB

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Addow has not changed the default items pulled from movie details. You will need to check the box saying customize movie list xml and add the missing items.

Title
    Year
    Genre
    Score
    Language
    Resolution
    audiocodec

Jup, sorry about this. I use the customized version by default and I did not change the default items. I will fix this in the next release and have a look at the default sorting order. I will add a dropdown box in the configuration window which will let the user select the default order on its own.

@ trekkiedj: I believe I did a DISTINCT selection on the tables to avoid this kind of double outputs. But you are totally right, I have double output myself. Damndamn, why do I overlook these things all the time. Ty for notice. It seems the smash on my head had some unwilling consequences :p

I take notes and try to solve this issues in the next release. Thanks 4 feedback and help (LRFalk01, RoChess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom