Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (4 Viewers)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I wanted to take a stab at making my own design, with the initial goal of creating a cleaner look, and to have alternating stripes (zebra stripes ala iTunes).

I ended up cleaning up the XSL-produced HTML quite a bit, and switched the javascript library over to jQuery - the table sort should be much faster now, and the search is a bit slicker too. This isn't quite where I wanted it to be, but I sort of lost my drive, and figured I should provide these files here for anyone else that's interested - it should be a very good starting point for anyone else looking to customize their page.

Here's the final produced list: MediaPortal Movies

This is really nice. I'm now using it myself.

I was trying to get mootools 'sexy tooltips' working via jquery but was not having much success. Could you, or anybody with the knowledge, put up an example of how to get a tooltip showing with jQuery?

» Sexy ToolTips

JSorrentino

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Been using this add-on for a while now, and it's always been working until i just re-installed.

It creates the index.html but with no movie data. Any suggestions?

I'm using the latest SVN (as of yesterday) 1.0.4.24975.

JS

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @ valloq: nice patchwork! Maybe I'll have to switch fully to jQuery. I was more a jQuery fan, rather than mootools. But since LRFalk introduced Mootools for sortableTable, I did not want to change that.

@ JSorrentino: Do you get errors while manually exporting? Is "Make Movie list" checked in the MovingPicturesXML configuration? You can also try checking "Customize MovieList XML", with default values. And make sure you are transforming the XML with one of the accompanied XSL files.

Guys, I have put the developed on hold for now, too busy at work and no time when I am home. But I will not abandon the plugin, I am sure. It seems the latest release is quite stable. No one reported bugs so far, only feature requests. Thank you for that!

Good luck!

I was trying to get mootools 'sexy tooltips' working via jquery but was not having much success. Could you, or anybody with the knowledge, put up an example of how to get a tooltip showing with jQuery?

» Sexy ToolTips

It is not that difficult though. I will give you a few hints, hope you can manage it yourself, so you can learn from it ;)

1. First of all change the javascript headers and references from mootools1.2.3.js to jquery-1.4.2.min.js (current release) in the XSL header
    2. Make sure you are using the Sexy Tooltips version using jQuery, so replace in the header also sexy-tooltips.v1.1.mootools.js to sexy-tooltips.v1.1.jquery.js and point to the right location (assuming you downloaded Sexy tooltips and extracted the jQuery version to the js subfolder).
    3. Two differences in the way the tooltips are called, should be changed:
      • document.addEvent('domready', function() must be replaced by $(document).ready(function()
      • the referenced ID is different: add an extra number sign in front of the id. So $('hd<xsl:value-of select="ID" />').tooltip should look like $('#hd<xsl:value-of select="ID" />').tooltip.

That should be it! Good luck, mate! :D

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the pointer! It was a massive case of RTFM. I had missed out the '#' from the reference ID :(

Now it is all working My Film List

The only 'bug' that there is in the current version is the escaped apostrophes in the Movie Title. I've built my own .dll with the aforementioned fix so doesn't appear in my list but if you look at valloq's list you see titles with \ before '.

JSorrentino

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks, I just unchecked the top right box and re-ran the manual export and it started working. Then Re-checked the box, and it still works.... weird, but it's good... Thank You!

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Addow!

Can you please have a look a this post? Link

Do you know something about that? I know that the part of the code that I took to display the plot isn't yours (or is it?) but as Mortstar doesn't answer to my question you are the only one who can help me.

Here is a link to my movie collection: Link

Do you need any other file?

Many thanks for your work with the plugin and regards,

Aitor

oakim

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    One thing u should have with this neet plugin is the name of the plugin at the bottom and a link to this thread so others can use it. Like with phpBB2 forums at the bottom :)
    Take kredit for your work LRFalk01

And a quick qustion, how far are u with the poster popup? could u have an option so the guys that whant a popup can have it ant those that would like to hava the poster instead of the text and a pop up that show the text instead? so the view on the page looked like moving pictures and. That would be very nice.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the pointer! It was a massive case of RTFM. I had missed out the '#' from the reference ID :(

The only 'bug' that there is in the current version is the escaped apostrophes in the Movie Title. I've built my own .dll with the aforementioned fix so doesn't appear in my list but if you look at valloq's list you see titles with \ before '.

I've had a couple of PMs from users wanting the files that I use for My Film List. So I decided to share them here.

Massive thanks to LRFalk01 and Addow for the plugin and to valloq for the vast majority of the layout which I have only tweaked.

In the attached .zip is the styles.xsl and the css, javascript and images folders. These need placing on your webserver and the html that the plugin creates needs to be created at the root of these three folders. I've also included my own version of the plugin which only contains one fix so that escaped apostrophes do not appear in the movie title.

Attachments

• filmlist.zip
      76.9 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I've had a couple of PMs from users wanting the files that I use for My Film List. So I decided to share them here.

Massive thanks to LRFalk01 and Addow for the plugin and to valloq for the vast majority of the layout which I have only tweaked.

In the attached .zip is the styles.xsl and the css, javascript and images folders. These need placing on your webserver and the html that the plugin creates needs to be created at the root of these three folders. I've also included my own version of the plugin which only contains one fix so that escaped apostrophes do not appear in the movie title.

Many thanks for your work mortstar and for sharing it with us! The new ToolTips look really great!

BTW, can you have a look at this link and tell me if this also happens to you?

Thanks again and best regards,

Aitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom