Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML | Page 31

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by LRFalk01, February 17, 2009.

1. gshipley
    • Premium Supporter

gshipley MP Donator

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    As one of the original developers of the site, I wanted to address this point:

** I can't see why anyone would spend so much time and effort developing follw.it unless they plan to sell the value of aggregated statistical data on it's users **

We developed follw.it because we love movies and coding. Pure and simple. While some people enjoy other hobbies, our hobby is developing software. We also have a great love of movies and tvshows and thought it would be a great way to share information with our friends.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rekenaar
    • Premium Supporter

rekenaar Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    we love that you love your hobbies. Bix THX :)

4. Collective

Collective Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have limited bandwidth at times and have no desire to use up more with an online list of my movies.
    Here at home we simply use this script as a tool to browse our movie list from any computer in the house. Nothing more. That's why this plugin was so simply and useful. Updated the list regularly, simple list layout and nice simple background. And no need to access the net. Perfect for our needs. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the 'online' databases

5. darkside40

darkside40 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Follw.it is great but i would also like to have a new Version of this plugin here.
    Simple because here you get a slick overview of your films including Codec and Resolution.

Also the Follw.it Site is a little bit slow for me. Maybe because i have something around 780 Movies in my Collection.
    The output of this Plugin i would simply store on my Fritzbox then i could Browse it from my iPad etc. so i would have a fast overview of my collection.

So how high is the possibility to get a Version of this Plugin suitable for the 1.2beta?

6. Addow
    • Premium Supporter

Addow MP Donator

Web Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    I will test and update the plugin this weekend for the 1.2 beta version.

7. darkside40

darkside40 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    That would be absolutely great.

8. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

2BitSculptor Super Moderator

Sculptor - Maquettes, Resin Figure Model Kits, Toy
    Ratings:
    +396 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I'm honestly not interested in the social network side for movies I watch. All I need is a way of cataloging my collection on the HDD so I can keep a hardcopy for insurance purposes, and to see, at a glance, which SD movies I still need to update to HD. The earlier Moving Pictures to HTML solution is pretty much all I need.

Chuck (the partypooper) :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Addow
    • Premium Supporter

Addow MP Donator

Web Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

First of all, don't expect any new features in the new versions (1.1.3 and 1.1.6), these are just version updates due to compatibility issues. MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 is compatible with MePo 1.1.x, whilst MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 is compatible with MePo 1.2 Beta (and higher).

People with version 1.1.x installed can even download the DDL only archive, since there is nothing changed to the HTML/JS/CSS files. As always, may I ask you to drop your feedback and/or bugs in this topic.

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3
    As always you'll find the latest version on the Google Project page or in my signature, but I am making it easy for you, by attaching the links to this post. I recommend you to download the FULL zip package instead of the DLL ONLY package when you are planning to use the included XSL markup files. If you have your own markup, the DLL ONLY version will do fine.

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.1
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 - MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 - Process plugin DLL only

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.2 Beta
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 - MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 - Process plugin DLL only

Preview MovingPicturesXML
    If you do now know what we are talking about, you can find a preview of the output here.

Since some people not always find their way through the installation procedure, here is a step-by-step guide:

This plugin uses javascript code, developed by other people released under MIT License, so here is a list of people who I would like thank:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyrus1896

Cyrus1896 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thank you for the new compatible Version.

What is the current state of a maybe new version or new designs? ;)

11. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    FYI - The above link for example no longer works.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!