Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (3 Viewers)

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I'm still not sure what the ulterior motive of follw.it is - currently it seems to exist to record what I have and what I watch, and allows me to tell others that info. I suspect the aggregation of all that information is worth something to 3rd parties, which is probably ultimately the value of follw.it once it has a large enough following to be worth selling.

I'm not being paranoid, I'm just aware of all this social network-style development going on and I can't see why anyone would spend so much time and effort developing follw.it unless they plan to sell the value of aggregated statistical data on it's users.

As one of the original developers of the site, I wanted to address this point:

** I can't see why anyone would spend so much time and effort developing follw.it unless they plan to sell the value of aggregated statistical data on it's users **

We developed follw.it because we love movies and coding. Pure and simple. While some people enjoy other hobbies, our hobby is developing software. We also have a great love of movies and tvshows and thought it would be a great way to share information with our friends.

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have limited bandwidth at times and have no desire to use up more with an online list of my movies.
    Here at home we simply use this script as a tool to browse our movie list from any computer in the house. Nothing more. That's why this plugin was so simply and useful. Updated the list regularly, simple list layout and nice simple background. And no need to access the net. Perfect for our needs. I don't need all the bells and whistles of the 'online' databases

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Follw.it is great but i would also like to have a new Version of this plugin here.
    Simple because here you get a slick overview of your films including Codec and Resolution.

Also the Follw.it Site is a little bit slow for me. Maybe because i have something around 780 Movies in my Collection.
    The output of this Plugin i would simply store on my Fritzbox then i could Browse it from my iPad etc. so i would have a fast overview of my collection.

So how high is the possibility to get a Version of this Plugin suitable for the 1.2beta?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm honestly not interested in the social network side for movies I watch. All I need is a way of cataloging my collection on the HDD so I can keep a hardcopy for insurance purposes, and to see, at a glance, which SD movies I still need to update to HD. The earlier Moving Pictures to HTML solution is pretty much all I need.

Chuck (the partypooper) :D

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

First of all, don't expect any new features in the new versions (1.1.3 and 1.1.6), these are just version updates due to compatibility issues. MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 is compatible with MePo 1.1.x, whilst MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 is compatible with MePo 1.2 Beta (and higher).

People with version 1.1.x installed can even download the DDL only archive, since there is nothing changed to the HTML/JS/CSS files. As always, may I ask you to drop your feedback and/or bugs in this topic.

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3
    As always you'll find the latest version on the Google Project page or in my signature, but I am making it easy for you, by attaching the links to this post. I recommend you to download the FULL zip package instead of the DLL ONLY package when you are planning to use the included XSL markup files. If you have your own markup, the DLL ONLY version will do fine.

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.1
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 - MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.3 - Process plugin DLL only

Compatible with MediaPortal 1.2 Beta
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 - MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.6 - Process plugin DLL only

Preview MovingPicturesXML
    If you do now know what we are talking about, you can find a preview of the output here.

Version 1.1.6 (Released: 2011/07/15)
    - Add compatibility mode for MP 1.2 BETA by MP1.2b preprocessor symbol

Version 1.1.3 (Released: 2011/07/15)
    - Update solution to Visual Studio 2010
    - Make MovingPicturesXML compatible with MediaPortal 1.1.3
    - Bugs fixed: some queries updated

Since some people not always find their way through the installation procedure, here is a step-by-step guide:
    DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the full ZIP archive containing 2 folders from the Google Project page.

2. Extract the "movingpicturesxml" folder, which contains the XML markup files, javascript files, etc.
    to the output directory where you want your list to be, for example "Desktop".

3. Extract the "process" folder to your MediaPortal plugins folder and overwrite contents if asked,
    or extract the plugin DLL itself from the process folder in the archive to the process folder in
    your MediaPortal plugins directory.

4. Load MediaPortal Configuration and enable MovingPicturesXML, which is located under the "process" section

5. When step 4 is finished, manually configure the plugin, which pops up its own window.

6. Configuration options:
    - Check "Save to file", and point the directory below this field to the output folder you created in Step 2.
    By default the output file name should be "Moving-Pictures.html".
    - Check "Make Stats Node", "Make Movie List" and "Customize MovieListXML"
    - Select DEFAULT customized items in the customized export list.
    - Check "Transform XML with XSL" and point to the XSL file extracted in Step 2.

7. Submit by clicking "Manual Export" to test if the html file is created. You can test it by opening it in
    IE, Firefox, Opera or Chrome or by pointing the url in your browser to the local HTML file.

This plugin uses javascript code, developed by other people released under MIT License, so here is a list of people who I would like thank:
    SPECIAL THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - Samuel Birch (SortableTable v1.4) - phatfusion : sortableTable
    - Eduardo D. Sada (Sexy Tooltip javascript v1.1 for Mootools) - » Sexy ToolTips
    - Alexander Moore (Nuove LGPL icon set) - famfamfam.com: Home
    - MooTools Developers (MooTools v1.2.3) - MooTools - a compact javascript framework

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009
    Thank you for the new compatible Version.

What is the current state of a maybe new version or new designs? ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I made a little process plugin that exports your Moving-Pictures movie list to XML. It has some extended functionality to be able to transform the XML with XSL, because of this, the plugin is able to also make an html file. With this plugin you have the ability to make a movie list similar to this:

MediaPortal Movies

-LRFalk01

FYI - The above link for example no longer works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom