Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi every1,

Since there were still several bugs in the latest version, I decided to fix most of them as soon as possible and even include some of the requested features. Because of the minor improvements and extra features this one is released as version 1.1. I fixed quite a few bugs, made even more improvements and added some new features. Here's a detailed list of the latest changes.

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1
    As always you'll find the latest version on the Google Project page or in my signature, but I am making it easy for you, by attaching the links to this post. I suggest you to use the FULL zip package instead of the DLL ONLY package when you are planning to use the included XSL markup files. If you have your own markup, the DLL ONLY version will do fine.

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1. MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1. Process plugin DLL only

Preview MovingPicturesXML 1.1
    If you do now know what we are talking about, you can find a preview of the output here.

Version 1.1 (Released: 2010/02/02)
    - Feature: search exported list or filter by keyword (javascript based)
    - Feature: user can select the default sort method during export (for example. Score DESC)
    - Enhancement: faster loading of exported list in Internet Explorer (tested in IE7 and IE8)
    - Enhancement: prevent exporting of 0 customized values
    - Enhancement: quick buttons: select all, none and default custom values
    - Enhancement: change file extensions upon XSL transform change (.xml -> .html and vice versa)
    - Bug fixed: movies with multiple local files are exported as a single movie
    - Bug fixed: define default columns on first use
    - Bug fixed: default update interval is 60 minutes. There were some different values in code.
    - Bugs fixed in layout and performance for IE7/IE8/Firefox
    - Other: Code restyling, refactoring, optimisations, assembly version dependencies fixed, small enhancements, etc.

Since some people not always find their way through the installation procedure, here is a step-by-step guide:
    DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the full ZIP archive containing 2 folders from the Google Project page.

2. Extract the "movingpicturesxml" folder, which contains the XML markup file, javascript files, etc.
    to the output directory where you want your list to be, for example "Desktop".

3. Extract the "process" folder to your MediaPortal plugins folder and overwrite contents if asked,
    or extract the plugin DLL itself from the process folder in the archive to the process folder in
    your MediaPortal plugins directory.

4. Load MediaPortal Configuration and enable MovingPicturesXML, which is located under the "process" section

5. When step 4 is finished, manually configure the plugin, which pops up its own window.

6. Configuration options:
    - Check "Save to file", and point the directory below this field to the output folder you created in Step 2.
    By default the output file name should be "Moving-Pictures.html".
    - Check "Make Stats Node", "Make Movie List" and "Customize MovieListXML"
    - Select DEFAULT customized items in the customized export list.
    - Check "Transform XML with XSL" and point to the XSL file extracted in Step 2.

7. Submit by clicking "Manual Export" to test if the html file is created. You can test it by opening it in
    IE, Firefox, Opera or Chrome or by pointing the url in your browser to the local HTML file.

Attachments

• mpxml_configuration.png
      mpxml_configuration.png
      39 KB
    • mpxml_preview.png
      mpxml_preview.png
      143.2 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for your work Addow, I will try the new version of the plugin this weekend.

Request: Could it be possible to add the option to chose which field we wanted to be export? In my case I prefer to show the Movie Language instead of Movie Codec, but I don't know what I have to change to do it. I don't know how difficult is to implement this, so just take it into account for future versions, please. Thanks!

BTW, the Search option is absolutely GREAT!

Regards,

Aitor

PS: How about adding the IMDB Link into the Movie Title like in this case?

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    in one word "WOW" - and thanks a lot.

There is one thing i would like to ask, i've been trying to work out a way to show the absolute path, without breaking the
    lay out totally. I couldnt work that out. So i just enlarged the resolutions, and mess up the lay out, so it shows.
    Yes thats good enough for me, but no - i would like to see that different, and keep the nice lay out.

What i tried, is when i mouse over the title, that it shows in a info box the abolute path.

I couldnt work it out, if this is possible, and if you want to, could you do this > or give me some solid hints, so i can try again.

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks!

Request: Could it be possible to add the option to chose which field we wanted to be export? In my case I prefer to show the Movie Language instead of Movie Codec, but I don't know what I have to change to do it. I don't know how difficult is to implement this, so just take it into account for future versions, please. Thanks!

I have already added this request to the 2 DO/Future plans list. However, it is not that difficult to change the column yourself. Have a look in styles.xsl, change the following two lines and re-export.

Code:
    <th axis="string">Codec</th> becomes <th axis="string">Language</th>
    <td class="movieCodec"><xsl:value-of select="VIDEOCODEC"/></td> becomes <td class="movieCodec"><xsl:value-of select="LANGUAGE"/></td>

PS: How about adding the IMDB Link into the Movie Title like in this case?

Good point. I have rebuilt the 1.1 packages and archives with the IMDB link by default behind the movie title.

I couldnt work it out, if this is possible, and if you want to, could you do this > or give me some solid hints, so i can try again.

I will fix it for you later this evening. That's not too much work.

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

looks great but the search doesn't seem to work for me when searching titles. Other searches work fine. I integrated the imdb-link into the title, maybe that's why?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

looks great but the search doesn't seem to work for me when searching titles. Other searches work fine. I integrated the imdb-link into the title, maybe that's why?

Jupz, noticed it myself. Currently I am trying to fix it. Fixed in latest packages.

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

First of all thanks man for the release great work

suggestion is it maybe possible to create a small popup when you go over the movie with in there the cover and a small description of the movie

or maybe create something like this

Mike's Movie Database

that would be Great

keep up the good work

Regards

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Hi BuzzD, problem is fixed. Seemed a javascript issue in sortableTable. Overwrite the XSL and JS files in from the full ZIP package.

*UPDATE*
    Updated/cleaned all attachments in this topic which all no longer relevant and updated Google Project downloads to latest changes (IMDB link).

suggestion is it maybe possible to create a small popup when you go over the movie with in there the cover and a small description of the movie

or maybe create something like this

Mike's Movie Database

that would be Greats
    Wow, this is off course really awesome. I'll have a lot of work to beat that, but it is challenge. The rollover popup is on the 2DO list, which you can find in the readme.txt included in the full ZIP package.

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

that did the trick, big THX!

I love your speed fixing problems ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom