Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

Rico

Portal Pro
December 23, 2008
Straelen
Home Country
Germany Germany
great update m8

go for the challenge i say maybe you can create something more nicer ;)

but for now your plugin os great so far ;)

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
August 7, 2009
Cirencester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
One problem... mine is not naming the file index.html, even though i set it in config. :

* Parent Directory
* .pureftpd-upload.4b68a9d6.15.2a6b.5c01c120
* css/
* img/
* index2.xml
* javascript/

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    in one word "WOW" - and thanks a lot.

There is one thing i would like to ask, i've been trying to work out a way to show the absolute path, without breaking the
    lay out totally. I couldnt work that out. So i just enlarged the resolutions, and mess up the lay out, so it shows.
    Yes thats good enough for me, but no - i would like to see that different, and keep the nice lay out.

What i tried, is when i mouse over the title, that it shows in a info box the abolute path.

I couldnt work it out, if this is possible, and if you want to, could you do this > or give me some solid hints, so i can try again.

Hi ppeterr,
    I puzzled a bit the latest hour and this is my demo result: MediaPortal Movies ?! Something like this?
    I will not release it, because there are still some minor fixes to do and it's getting late. Let me know if you want this.

@ trekkiedj:
    I will look into this tomorrow. First tests with my FTP connection proved there is nothing wrong. Are you sure the correct file name is set in the FTP fields? Make sure you are transforming XML to HTML in your configuration. Good luck!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi
    Never looked at this before now. Looking good :)

1. Would it be possible to add an option to export cover thumbnails into an image subdirectory? I know it was discussed before that a manual copy is easy, but together with request 2 & 3 below, an automated process would be best.
    2. If you could then include additional layouts for the user to choose from, it would be great. Example, a thumb view grid.
    3. Another option that will be useful for me is to select/limit by category.

If you agree, I could create the requests on your google page?

Hi rekenaar,
    Your feature requests are perfectly in line with my thoughts. I was also planning to add these customizations and include a system for different export layouts. I will have a look at all these things in the following weeks and months. It's been a long time developing in C#, since i am developing in Java at work. Have to get familiar again with some C# techniques and syntax :p

So, if you want you can create feature requests on the project page. I'll write it down on try to accomplish it. I have also a few optimizations in my mind and of course the thumbnail extraction cannot be missing :) Thank you.

Regards,
    Addow

Issue 9 and Issue 10 created.

Better late than never... :oops:

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    addow: that is exeactly what i want, 've been trying to work this out for days !!! I must say, your very kind for all of us
    with fixing all this great stuff. thanks again a lot ! i'll PM you my email, so you can make me happy.

Thanks again !

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    One problem... mine is not naming the file index.html, even though i set it in config. :

* Parent Directory
    * .pureftpd-upload.4b68a9d6.15.2a6b.5c01c120
    * css/
    * img/
    * index2.xml
    * javascript/

Update... it creates a local file no problem, but will go no further than to create the temp file on the ftp server....

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    trekkiedj

I'm almost sure this is a problem with pureftpd and not with the script, i googled and did not find much about this.
    but maybe, maybe this from another forum might be helpfull

I don't yet know the real root cause, but it seems to deal with the AutoRename feature, and something preventing the rename from being successful. Turn it off in pure-ftpd.conf with:

AutoRename no

Then restart pure-ftpd (rcpure-ftpd restart).

this ocfourse if your able, to edit the configs - otherwise, maybe contact your hoster.

Or maybe index.html is a restricted filename for you host (dont know the construction), so thats why it
    fails....try to ouput it to something totally different...and see if that renames within pureftpd.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    edit: you were quite right, pureftpd had stopped... not sure why, but i have now restarted and uploads are woking fine... except... could someone take a look at http://www.jnsforum.com/Movies/Movies.html

It seem that something is stopping the page from fully loading up. There is no Search function, sort, or anything JS related and the bottom of the page seems cropped off.

any ideas?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It seem that something is stopping the page from fully loading up. There is no Search function, sort, or anything JS related and the bottom of the page seems cropped off.

any ideas?

Aha! Great you posted an update. I did not found the chance to have a look at the FTP issue, but apparantly (as I did not touch that part) it was not a plugin related issue. However, the partial upload is an issue of the FTPclient integrated in the plugin. The reason why yours is not available is because the javascript search is initialized at the end of the pages and since that part is missing, it is not working.

Hope it can find some time this weekend. Ty for the support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom