Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (1 Viewer)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML

could anybody make it compatible with 1.2.0 Beta?

THX!

Hi,

i recompiled this plugin for myself.
    Here it is...

I hope it`s ok for the dev that i post it.

No problem! I should punish myself by not further developing this plugin. Hope I (or LRFalk) can pickup the development where we left it in the near future.

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009
    That would be great, i like the Idea very much. For me its better to keep my Filmlists locally and not in the cloud like follw.it.
    Now it would be great if anybody (iam not a programmer) :-( could make the Plugin better - like the export as a pdf maybe.

More Layouts with the DVD covers would be great too. :)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aaaauw! This week I had what's called a dev bee sting and I am picking up the development where I left it...
    First things first, I recompiled the plugin for 1.2.0 beta and everything looked okay, but before I update the downloads section I will test it on my production environment.

Hope to implement some of the requested features and optimizing the export layouts.

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah please keep up the good work.
    I like the idea of this plugin very much, long years i have listed my movies with VCD-DB which is not longer maintained till 2007.
    Now my complete collections moves to a NAS and get catagorized by Moving Pictures. Your plugin for MePo 1.2 and an included PDF support would now be the Cherry on the Icecream what is missing in my system now.

TeMorituri

Portal Member
    April 19, 2009
    Thanks to both original developers and ncoH..this plugin is something i have been looking for for about 3 weeks ..when I tried it with MePo1.2 it originally didnt work (of course) and I was too damned lazy to ask /post politely for someone with the smarts to recompile it ........
    Many people ask me what movies I have stashed away on my NAS and of course I have had no good way of providing a decent list..until now..thanks guys.....

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Thanks to both original developers and ncoH..this plugin is something i have been looking for for about 3 weeks ..when I tried it with MePo1.2 it originally didnt work (of course) and I was too damned lazy to ask /post politely for someone with the smarts to recompile it ........
    Many people ask me what movies I have stashed away on my NAS and of course I have had no good way of providing a decent list..until now..thanks guys.....

Have you looked at using follw.it integration? We provide a url that you can share with your friends that is kept up to date with the movies you have in your collection.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    follw.it is kind of interesting, but it's way too slow and cumbersome to be used by friends that want to know what movies you have. I have quite a large collection and all my friends want is a listing of my movies. follw.it is too slow because it tries to 'pretty up' the listing (in list format) and adds a lot of white space. The result is that the user has to scroll forever for each page of movies, and has no way of jumping around from page to page. They can searrch for a movie, true, but they can't, for instance, just jump to "Page 5 of 67" like in a forum thread, for example.

I get a lot of people asking for a listing, and all they want is a text file or excel spreadsheet with my movies. I'm currently importing an XML export file and saving it as an Excel spreadsheet with MovieName, Year, Genres, IMDBRef, Rating, and Resolution as the only columns. People love it - it's quick to send them, they can view it anywhere, and it has all the info they need.

I'm still not sure what the ulterior motive of follw.it is - currently it seems to exist to record what I have and what I watch, and allows me to tell others that info. I suspect the aggregation of all that information is worth something to 3rd parties, which is probably ultimately the value of follw.it once it has a large enough following to be worth selling.

I'm not being paranoid, I'm just aware of all this social network-style development going on and I can't see why anyone would spend so much time and effort developing follw.it unless they plan to sell the value of aggregated statistical data on it's users.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    A few comments dir. First the text based no nonsense list of movies is available. It lists I think 500 movies per page. You are right there is no jump links to page 3 or 5 or anything like that but its something we would consider. We have an open bug tracker and love feedback from the community.

As far as ulterior motives of follw.it I assure you we have none. We developed the site because it was something we wanted that didn't really exist. I have family and friends that sometimes want to know what movies I have. Or if I have seen a particular film or what I thought of the fourth Indiana Jones movie. Follw.it allows them to get that information quickly and easily. We are just like everyone else on the forums here, HTPC enthusiasts and movie lovers.

I understand your privacy concerns though and we take privacy very seriously. We support private profiles as well as filtering of what movies you send to the server. We do not store filenames and we do not ask for anything more than an email address (and the only reason we ask for this is for password recover functionality). And most importantly we do not share your information with anyone, nor do we have any intention of ever doing so.

You ask why would someone spend so much time on creating such a website? It's because we love what we do. I did not create the Moving Pictures plugin for any sort of monetary reward. I love to program and I wasn't happy with MyVideos. So I did something about it. And it's the same with the website. It's fun and rewarding in and of itself to create something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom