Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Awesome!!!! You guys :D so much!

I thought ISO support would be added in 0.5.7 but it's there already! This makes my day. Tested it really quickly and besides some problems with my existing daemon install (which i knew about) it works fine after reinstall!

:D again!

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Doh found a bug :(

fforde
I Posted it at google code.

edit: oh I see I'm not alone.. Well you got my full bug report.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, thanks for the update - works really fast. I get an error though.

When pressing "Reassign Files to new Movie" and answer hte question with "yes", I get

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

cheers
mcbelly
Ok this is fixed. Sorry about that guys was a side affect from another fix. I slipped out a 0.5.5b release. Exactly the same, just checks for this one unhandled situation mcbelly found. The opening post has been updated, but you can also grab the updated DLL here.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    May have another little bug\not nice behaviour

I use M$ Synctoy to backup my Movies, this deposits a dat file inside the folder, when i tell it to ignore, great it comes up with a message irreversible atm, again fine.

The thing i see is still 1 file shown as not configured (dat file i assume) and the green bar does not complete, would consider this the wrong action, as i have told MovingPictures to ignore that file, in my opinion green bar should finish and show all files accepted\rejected accounted for.

Moving Pictures.JPG

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yeah I am not sure why Media Portal by default thinks .DAT files are videos. You are right though, the panel should be treating that file as "processed" and complete the progress bar. This has nothing to do with how the importer operates though, so it's really a cosmetic issue. I have gone ahead and created an issue to get this updated though.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    All movies I added recently got max rating(before the locale fix I had no rating at all).. Just noticed it inside MP. Ill have a look at the DB and the log later today or tomorrow. If I find anything Ill create ann issue.

Is there any way to have the plugin update just the rating field for all movies? I added/changed quite a few backdrops manually, as well as edited a lot of info. I have almost 400 movies so it would suck if I had to change all that data over again, would almost be easier to manually enter rating for each movie.

Btw it did a great job with finding my movies, even a lot of norwegian names where matched with the correct english ones. Covers wheren't as good as moviexml tho, but that was to be expected. For instance it just couldnt find WALL-E, no matter how I typed it in(its on impawards tho, filed under WALL-E)

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Covers wheren't as good as moviexml tho, but that was to be expected. For instance it just couldnt find WALL-E, no matter how I typed it in(its on impawards tho, filed under WALL-E)

got similar problems with star wars ep1, southland tales and the air i breathe, just can´t find covers for those(even though they are all @impawards).
    other than that it works like a charm, great job by fforde, armandp and cyberfix...thanks alot for your efforts!!!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    All movies I added recently got max rating(before the locale fix I had no rating at all).. Just noticed it inside MP. Ill have a look at the DB and the log later today or tomorrow. If I find anything Ill create ann issue.

Is there any way to have the plugin update just the rating field for all movies? I added/changed quite a few backdrops manually, as well as edited a lot of info. I have almost 400 movies so it would suck if I had to change all that data over again, would almost be easier to manually enter rating for each movie.

Btw it did a great job with finding my movies, even a lot of norwegian names where matched with the correct english ones. Covers wheren't as good as moviexml tho, but that was to be expected. For instance it just couldnt find WALL-E, no matter how I typed it in(its on impawards tho, filed under WALL-E)

There is no way to do bulk updates right now, sorry Darre. I know we talked about this before, we just didn't get to it. I created an issue so hopefully we will get this in the next release.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok just did another scan after finding i have multiple duplicate pictures in my thumbs folder MovingPictures.

Moving Pictures.JPG

Interestingly things have changed, this was left scanning for about 45 minutes without any attention from me, this was deleting the original db3 file with all associated thumbs, had deleted db3 files only previously, now it looks like it has finished ok :)

So it may well be down to a thumbs folder existing :(

Could someone else with a similar setup check this one.

:D

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And to believe I missed the release party :D (wasn't anywhere near a computer for the last 4 h)
    Anywayz: :D

Will send the updated 4x3 skin files tomorrow!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom