Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For the .DAT files showing up Paranoid, you may want to think about removing it from the video file extension list under Movies in the main Media Portal config screen. That would be a permanent solution to keep them from showing up.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, dat is not in MP config + it does not show up in the MP Movies anyway.

Can see your logic though, but my last post seems to get around this somehow !!!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Are you sure? It is listed in mine, and I have certainly not added it myself. Like I said before, I have no idea why it is listed there, but I find it very odd that DAT files don't show up in MyVideos for you but they do show up in the Moving Pictures scanner. Using this extension list actually really bugs me, I think ISO files should be on there by default as well, but we have to play nice with MediaPortal...

Attachments

• dat.jpg
      dat.jpg
      54 KB

indy55

January 10, 2008
    Aren't .dat files part of the file structure of VCD discs? Maybe this is why MP views them as video files.

By the way, thanks a million for getting the new version out. I rebuilt my MP machine the middle of last week and it just happened to coincide with the movie-xml outage.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Damn, this cold is affecting my eyesight (man flu :)), .dat still there, anyway why the change in behaviour from one scan to the other, just do not want you looking for something which may not exist :)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Damn great job, I was not expecting a release at this time, so have just checked the site and there it was, just lying around the internet, waiting for me to download it :-D

Now I have an updated list of movies again. Thanks alot fforde.
    Even better, I can begin the long process of ripping my DVD's, since the plugin now supports full-DVD rips.

btw, I Added a request to the Google Code page, woohoo!!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Damn, this cold is affecting my eyesight (man flu :)), .dat still there, anyway why the change in behaviour from one scan to the other, just do not want you looking for something which may not exist :)

Are you referring to the progress bar going to completion? What alternate behavior are you seeing from one run to the other? If it is just the behavior of the progress bar, I wouldn't worry too much, that has not been touched since the scanner was in early phases of development when it was single threaded, so it is a little buggy. I need to spend some time adding better user feedback for the import process. Really it is just the importer itself not communicating in a precise manner with the GUI.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    It will support anything that MyVideos supports. If Daemon Tools identifies it as an image file and can mount it, it will play. You may have to add the .img extension in the dialog I posted a screen shot of above though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom