Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Howe come that it dont find any cover but find a backdrope some of my moves, for ex. X-men 2 ,Dairy of the dead. ( i have found cover for both of them with my mymovies)
I thougt i read somewhere that if i dont find any backdrop it could use the cover as backdrope insted of get a greybackdrop?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Howe come that it dont find any cover but find a backdrope some of my moves, for ex. X-men 2 ,Dairy of the dead. ( i have found cover for both of them with my mymovies)
I thougt i read somewhere that if i dont find any backdrop it could use the cover as backdrope insted of get a greybackdrop?

That just depends on how the skin is setup. The skin can do that, but not all are implemented that way. Covers and Backdrops are from two different sites though. Cover retrieval will be improved in the next release though.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I've always used the default skin files (under Aeon Wide) and with first release of the plugin and skin files all the films without backdrops used covers instead, as bkam says. But from second release and further, I only get grey backdrop when no backdrop is found. I thought it was by design of the default skin files, or maybe the plugin, but from your words I assume default skin should still be using covers like before. Is it because of my setup or is it intended that way?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I think there was a early version of the default skinfiles that used the cover instead(I think it was the ones matsk88 released for the skinners alpha), but it was removed in a later one(first public beta I think). I for one did not care for the cover instead of background.. My aim is to have backdrops for all my movies. I'm making slow, but steady progress creating and uploading backdrops for every single one of my movies to meligroove(?).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I've always used the default skin files (under Aeon Wide) and with first release of the plugin and skin files all the films without backdrops used covers instead, as bkam says. But from second release and further, I only get grey backdrop when no backdrop is found. I thought it was by design of the default skin files, or maybe the plugin, but from your words I assume default skin should still be using covers like before. Is it because of my setup or is it intended that way?
By design it shows a grey background rather than the movie poster. If you prefer having the movie poster there, you can add the following control into your movingpictures.xml skin file directly after the control to display the backdrop. It should be near the begining.

Code:
    <control>
      <description>Cover Art</description>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>60</id>
      <posX>500</posX>
      <posY>20</posY>
      <width>400</width>
      <height>566</height>
      <texture>#MovingPictures.Coverart</texture>
      <visible>!Control.IsVisible(1)+Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
    </control>

Darre is right though, if you have time, the best solution is to create a new backdrop and upload it to meligrove.com. Once you do this, the plug-in will automatically grab it on restart (or you can refresh artwork from the details screen context menu).

bkam

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am using Titanium , how would i now if the skin would be able to use it?

And about cover , dont Moving picture use the same source for covers as mymovies do? beocuse i have found 99% of all cover to my movice but the outcome with mp is a bit les. But as you are say that it will better in the next release, so can just say thx alot for this realy nice pluging

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I am using Titanium , how would i now if the skin would be able to use it?

And about cover , dont Moving picture use the same source for covers as mymovies do? beocuse i have found 99% of all cover to my movice but the outcome with mp is a bit les. But as you are say that it will better in the next release, so can just say thx alot for this realy nice pluging

Same source, different script for pulling data. It will be refined in the next release.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
It was curiosity, I'm also updating meligrove.com as soon as I can... and as good as I can, since my skills with Photoshop (and my art as well) are not very high :)

I updated some backdrops for old 007 movies... Diamonds are forever, You can only live twice... they are not great but are better than nothing, I suppose.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I do not have any multi-part movies. How do I split the movies that Moving Pictures has combined into single entries, such as... 'Blade.iso, Blade2.iso' and 'Alien.iso,Alien3.iso,Alien4.iso' ... without renaming the files... as it would mess up my already working MyVideos'.

Thanks

Chuck

1) Look at the quote below, it should be almost the same, just select the movie in the "matches" list, and click the "split" icon.
    2) If the movie has been approved, and are moved into the DB, then browse your way there, and click on reassign files, then just click cancel and they shoudl appear in your "matches" list again. Then do 1) again.

In the "matches" list, theres a button that looks like two arrows that become one.. If you select all your 3 files from the list below, and then click that button, you will "group" them. Then you can assign all 3 to one movie. Just be sure they have a logical order, meaning you call them moviename-1, moviename-2 and moviename-3 (or something like that, just so the plugin knows the correct order).

Thanks... that did the trick. :)

Chuck

Chuck, sorry you are having trouble getting your movies imported. A tip that might help though, if you have a lot of movies that are correctly matched but not auto approved you can hold down the control (or shift) button, select multiple movies and click the approve button just once. This will approve all the highlighted matches.

Also the auto approve threshold is customizable. Take a look at the attached screen shot, if you change this advanced setting from 1 to 3 you should get more auto approvals when you restart the plug-in. Basically the higher the number the more lax the plug-in will be in auto-approvals. Keep in mind though that this could also mean some incorrect matches auto approved. It's a delicate balance. I would not recommend anything higher than 3 or 4 for this setting.

EDIT: The movies missing any results probably have to do with a bad search string. If you click the manual search button on the toolbar there, you can try to re-search using better information.

Thanks for the assist, finally got through all the files... only missing one cover now. This was just my work/dev. computer, I'll have to repeat it on the HTPC when I get the skin redone.

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom