Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
hi, great plugin, i have to say. But there's little request that please include the choice that we enter the information ourselves, since some movies not in the database never get a chance to show up at all

Thanks

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do not have any multi-part movies. How do I split the movies that Moving Pictures has combined into single entries, such as... 'Blade.iso, Blade2.iso' and 'Alien.iso,Alien3.iso,Alien4.iso' ... without renaming the files... as it would mess up my already working MyVideos'.

Thanks

Chuck

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    this is exactly what i was looking for!!! Big thanks for this plugin!!!!

is there anyway to have logos like in the tvseriesplugin?
    for example, if the movie file has DTS or DolbyDigital audio, or 1080p or 720p resolution u can have a logo displaying just that....

That would be a awesome feature if not implemented yet ;-)

thanks for a great plugin!

If you look over at the homepage of the plugin you can see what has been requested, and when it's coming. I can inform you that the logo's etc are coming, but if you want to know when you have to check for your self ;)

I do not have any multi-part movies. How do I split the movies that Moving Pictures has combined into single entries, such as... 'Blade.iso, Blade2.iso' and 'Alien.iso,Alien3.iso,Alien4.iso' ... without renaming the files... as it would mess up my already working MyVideos'.

Thanks

Chuck

1) Look at the quote below, it should be almost the same, just select the movie in the "matches" list, and click the "split" icon.
    2) If the movie has been approved, and are moved into the DB, then browse your way there, and click on reassign files, then just click cancel and they shoudl appear in your "matches" list again. Then do 1) again.

In the "matches" list, theres a button that looks like two arrows that become one.. If you select all your 3 files from the list below, and then click that button, you will "group" them. Then you can assign all 3 to one movie. Just be sure they have a logical order, meaning you call them moviename-1, moviename-2 and moviename-3 (or something like that, just so the plugin knows the correct order).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    this is exactly what i was looking for!!! Big thanks for this plugin!!!!

is there anyway to have logos like in the tvseriesplugin?
    for example, if the movie file has DTS or DolbyDigital audio, or 1080p or 720p resolution u can have a logo displaying just that....

That would be a awesome feature if not implemented yet ;-)

thanks for a great plugin!
    Yep, like armandp said, logos support is incoming. There are a few other things a little higher on the priority list, but if you star the issue on the Google Issue Tracker, that is a way to vote for it to be done sooner. Plus you'll get email updates as the status changes.

hi, great plugin, i have to say. But there's little request that please include the choice that we enter the information ourselves, since some movies not in the database never get a chance to show up at all

Thanks

That is coming soon. Hopefully that will be in the very next release. Previously the plug-in used movie-xml.com, a community driven site, so this was put on the back burner in favor of people contributing to the community and updating the film there. This obviously doesn't apply to IMDb though. :p

----------
    And thanks for all the feedback everyone! And thanks everyone for being so helpful, I think I quoted 15 messages to respond to only to see another member of the community already answered the question. :p

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I have 218 main-movie-only ISO files.

on the scan...
    92 - correct matches.
    7 - incorrect matches (I reselected correct match)
    13 - match not listed (correct name not found)
    5 - empty

all the rest needed to be confirmed, even when there was only one listed.

still 18 to resolve. Many more covers not found, or the correct cover not found (depends on the regional release, I guess) I have to import them from MyVideos thumbs.

so far... tedious, but it's getting there.

to add to the request for adding movie info... could not the information be held locally until it could be updated to the online databases?

Now to be able to add the ones that were missing.

so far so good... I guess.

Chuck

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Chuck, sorry you are having trouble getting your movies imported. A tip that might help though, if you have a lot of movies that are correctly matched but not auto approved you can hold down the control (or shift) button, select multiple movies and click the approve button just once. This will approve all the highlighted matches.

Also the auto approve threshold is customizable. Take a look at the attached screen shot, if you change this advanced setting from 1 to 3 you should get more auto approvals when you restart the plug-in. Basically the higher the number the more lax the plug-in will be in auto-approvals. Keep in mind though that this could also mean some incorrect matches auto approved. It's a delicate balance. I would not recommend anything higher than 3 or 4 for this setting.

EDIT: The movies missing any results probably have to do with a bad search string. If you click the manual search button on the toolbar there, you can try to re-search using better information.

Attachments

• autoapprove.jpg
      autoapprove.jpg
      71.2 KB

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yeah, the problem is it currently requires an exact title match for pulling covers for impawards.com. It will be fixed in the next release. With that version I expect to get 100% matching for any movies that have covers on impawards.com.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom