Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Trailer support is coming in v1.0

You can star it in the Google Code page to give it a higher attention.

karakas

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2008
    How is the development going these days, I've been following the Issue List but haven't seen any changes on it in a while. It's just so much goodies happening for MP these days I can barely wait :D

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would actually be a good idea I think. Atleast as an option. If a network share is not acessible it should not remove the entries.
    It should only remove the movie if the share is present and the actual file is missing. Sometimes it happens that a network share is down and if this happens when MP is running all my movies gets removed.

And if this happens all the custom covers are lost and I have to manually fix them which of course is a bit annoying.

Is this possible to do?
    I believe it is already on the list somewhere. Further specification if the folder is on a "removable" or disconnected network drive. Then it will be up to you as the user to choose wisely.

Edit: I think it is this one:
    http://code.google.com/p/moving-pic...Status Priority Stars Milestone Owner Summary

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That would actually be a good idea I think. Atleast as an option. If a network share is not acessible it should not remove the entries.
    It should only remove the movie if the share is present and the actual file is missing. Sometimes it happens that a network share is down and if this happens when MP is running all my movies gets removed.

And if this happens all the custom covers are lost and I have to manually fix them which of course is a bit annoying.

Is this possible to do?
    I believe it is already on the list somewhere. Further specification if the folder is on a "removable" or disconnected network drive. Then it will be up to you as the user to choose wisely.

Edit: I think it is this one:
    Issue 149 - moving-pictures - Google Code

I believe you are right. I think this would solve my problem.

mugginger

Portal Member
    January 23, 2008
    are there any news on how long it will take till version 0.6?
    The Issues on GoogleCode aren't changing... so i thought i would ask here :)
    Looking forward to it so much :)

Greetings ... and GREAT WORK!!!!

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it will take all the time they need to deliver a good update. source code is changing, so there is (some) movement.
    But you never know, maybe tomorrow a big real life urgent task or project comes up and we would have to wait just a bit longer.
    Just hang in there, it will come.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Broken-ness

Having same issue as mentioned earlier with database becoming corrupt. I dont know why... Error is saying incompatible with current version of MP. Removing db and restarting mp config fixes issue, but lose everything.

Do we know what is happening to the database to cause this? Can we edit the database manually to fix the error rather than re-doing it all?

I remember seeing the issue as resolved on google code? If so is it in an SVN that I havent got, or was it fixed in 0.5.5c?

Thnaks for any help.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Development is progressing, it has just unfortunately slowed down lately. Sorry for the delays guys, I am doing what I can.

As for the database corruption issue, yes it is fixed, and will be included in the next release of course. I didn't create a 0.5.5d bug fix release for it because, quite honestly, I thought that 0.6 would have been out much more quickly. If I had known 0.6 would have gotten delayed as much as it has, I would have released a bug fix release. That being said, 0.6 really is just around the corner, so I am just going to try to focus on getting this thing out the door rather than release a bug fix release now that would only be used for a few days to a week.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for quick response. If theres anyway we can help just ask. more than happy to lend a help where I can. Graphics, andsome experience coding is what I can offer:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for quick response. If theres anyway we can help just ask. more than happy to lend a help where I can. Graphics, andsome experience coding is what I can offer:D

Well if you are interested in coding, our issue list is maintained and kept up to date pretty well. There are two or three bugs targeted to be fixed for 0.6 that neither Armand or I have claimed. So if you are interested in doing a little coding, any of those might be a good place to start, just post a comment in the issue thread if you start working on something. If you need more information hop onto the developers IRC channel. Armand and I are in there almost all the time.

As for graphics, we could use a logo. :oops: A month or two ago, playing around I threw this together:

logo_small.png

But I am really not very happy with it. Was thinking about having a contest or something at some point to see if we could get something nice created by the community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom