Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    All the issues are resolved but it still may be a few days until release. We are doing some internal testing right now to make sure nothing breaks with the new version.There are a lot of changes so we just want to make sure it's as stable as we can make it before we send it out to the world. Just be patient. :p It's coming soon.

Yes, I read that in your post, was it yesterday? Glad to see you're making it as solid as possible. And I think most people are awaiting the big threesome before they'll do a major reinstall anyways, atleast I am.

- MP RC4/release
    - MovingPictures
    - New stable TV-Series

I'm just so (and I can't belive I'll actually use this word) gitty. :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No worries - I had worked on it for about an hour or two - half of which was figuring out how it worked, since i had never used the MP-TV plugin either. This is pretty nice, although it doesnt seem to find DVD covers as successfully as the built in movie manager. All in all - good stuff!
    The new version coming out in a few days has much better cover retrieval.

Eggcellent.. I have a question - maybe I missed something - if I toss movies into my movies directories - does the plugin automatically add them to the database without my having to go into the configuration?

In most cases yes. The plug-in will auto-approve very close matches, so if the filename contains something very close to the actual movie title, then odds are it will auto approve and be added directly to the GUI real time with no need to enter the config screen. If a file could not be auto matched, unfortunately you currently have to go into the config screen to approve it. We will be adding an interface to take care of this in the GUI in the future, but we just haven't gotten to that point yet. Also it's worth mentioning, in the advanced settings there is a setting to adjust the auto approval threshold. If you are getting a lot of correct matches that require approval (the blue icon in the importer) you may want to try raising the approval threshold.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is there anyway i can make a shortcut on the desktop directly to the Moving Pictures config?
    So i don't havde to go all the way inside the mediaportal config everytime something is wrong!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Is there anyway i can make a shortcut on the desktop directly to the Moving Pictures config?
    So i don't havde to go all the way inside the mediaportal config everytime something is wrong!

Not at the moment, but it would not be too difficult to setup I don't think. If there is enough demand for it I'll put something together.

Also guys, we have a whole sub-forum here. Don't be afraid to make a new topic every now and then. This thread gets so much traffic, posts get left behind. You will get more eyes on a question if it has it's one thread. And then that makes it that much easier for other people to find the solution when they have the same question you did.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    zicoz, could you edit your post.
    I didn't post that :D

That's what happens when I try and quote a quote of a quote of a ...... or something :p

Fixed.

And another thing:

The first time I set up MP I'll have to use the config to set it up with movie folders and imports.

But will it be automated after that? Much like MP-TVseries? Where you just get a popup inside MP if there is a movie that it can't automatically match?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    The first time I set up MP I'll have to use the config to set it up with movie folders and imports.

But will it be automated after that? Much like MP-TVseries? Where you just get a popup inside MP if there is a movie that it can't automatically match?
    :( Four posts above yours I answered that question.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    fforde - if you have mod privileges for the sub-forum. Why not lock this thread as I think more and more generic questions will be asked which have already been answered....the last few pages could generally be answered with 'look at the googlecode issue tracker and your request is already there'.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey are you guys getting GUI freezes while scrolling through the collection inside MP.. Just curious, will provide logs if needed.. Question, how do I do that.. Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom