Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta] (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I must say I think this is a truly awesome idea and I'm really looking forward to it all.
I've been just toying with stuff like all sort of mp web exposed read outs using MP (such as moving pictures, tv series, ant, global mp settings and so on).
This is my latest experiment, maybe you'll find some inspiration in it :)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
To begin with, Moving Pictures is designed to manage your DVD collection along with DVD rips (possibly reencoded to save on disk space), all legal content.

Correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK the last one you mention is at least questionable (depends on the country of course). You have to overcome a copy protection system to get that on disk which is illegal in many countries. However there is some discussion if CSS is a copy protection mechanism within the meaning of the act (there was an interresting judgment from a court in Finland in 2007), but for ARccOS and AACS it is.

The only thing I want is to remind people to be careful when giving up a bit of their privacy. Esp. in Germany we had some incidents concerning privacy in the recent past where data "escaped" from social networks and was used for unintended purposes.

I have no doubt that you personally will take all precautionary measures to prevent anything similar, but who knows.

Regards,
grubi.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you for your insight grubi, and yes, in some counties circumventing copy protection is illegal while backing up a DVD is technically classified under fair use. Lets please focus on Moving Pictures Social though from now on. As mentioned above, privacy concerns are being addressed so this should not be a problem.

Gertt

Portal Member
October 11, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

Hi, been somewhat 'out of the loop' lately and was wondering if this thing is still going to be released (soon)?:)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

It's still being worked on, all things Moving Pictures have just slowed down a bit lately is all. While this is subject to change, current plan is still to launch with Moving Pictures 1.1.

Fjollboll

Portal Member
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Man, I just went to this forum to check for some plugin to let other people see my moving pictures database, and I found this! :D

It's still being worked on, all things Moving Pictures have just slowed down a bit lately is all. While this is subject to change, current plan is still to launch with Moving Pictures 1.1.

Any ETA on version 1.1 yet?

Thanks for the great plugin! :D

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

Man, I just went to this forum to check for some plugin to let other people see my moving pictures database, and I found this! :D

Any ETA on version 1.1 yet?

Thanks for the great plugin! :D

The same to me :)
    Any news or release date? Or is there a BETA to test?

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Re: AW: Re: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

The same to me :)
    Any news or release date? Or is there a BETA to test?

I wanted to chime in a bit and give everyone my status on this project. I originally started working on this about 8-12 months ago working closely with the Project Lead (fforde) and Zealot..... I spent a ton of time getting the foundation up and working and we were pretty close to having a working system in place.

In Jan 2010, I got a promotion at work which has literally kept me 100% busy building this new department out. Once things settled down a bit at work, my wife bought me a country club membership and I have been golfing almost every day. This has essentially taken all of my free time away from doing open source project work. I should be able to start working on it again in about a month.

That being said, I think Zealot and LFalk have been working on it (integration with the plugin via REST) but I am not 100% sure. I still idle in the channel and chat every once a while.

To give you an idea of how little free time I have had, I have 6 2tb drives that has been sitting in the box for 4 months because I simply haven't had time to install them in my raid server. I have not turned my theater on and watched a movie in 6 months. It's sad, I know.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

I've been actively working on this. Sorry, no beta test yet.

The API (for communicating with moving pictures plugin) is maybe 80% where I want it to be. It's still missing a few things. And the web app is coming along nicely as well.

I've attached a few screenshots, so you can see where the web app is at. I'm trying not to focus too much on visual design, and more on functionality for now. There are many people in the community that are much more designer oriented than I am, so I'm hoping somebody will come forward and help out with that.

Attachments

• WelcomePage.png
      WelcomePage.png
      120.3 KB
    • UsersList.png
      UsersList.png
      66 KB
    • UserPage.png
      UserPage.png
      81.4 KB
    • MoviesPage.png
      MoviesPage.png
      151.3 KB
    • MovieSearch.png
      MovieSearch.png
      140.5 KB
    • MoviePage.png
      MoviePage.png
      149.6 KB
    • EditMoviePage.png
      EditMoviePage.png
      109.6 KB

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

Oh my GOD!!! This is GREAT...

Thanks for the screenshots...
    I can't wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom