Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta] (1 Viewer)

Fjollboll

Portal Member
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

Maybe i am alone with that, but i really can't see a use case for another social platform...

Which movies i have and i like is MY private thing. In terms of data security and privacy i won't populate any data. But maybe someone can explain me a real advantage...

Well for instance, you share your collection with your friends if you are to watch a movie tonight, where they can think about and decide what to see.
You can also get a good overview of your collection from anywhere, without starting any applications or start browsing files.

Of course if you watch movies alone, one at a time when you get a new movie to your collection, this is pretty obsolete for you.

I'm looking forward to this, so that I can share my collection with friends in a good looking UI (not only the titles of the movies etc.).

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

I know and i am not angry about the service. Its very good if its useful for some people!
    But i personally can't see a real use-case...

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

he looks for a use case where you would want to make your profile public and let everyone see your movie collection.
    and if i'm honest, i cant see a case, too.

But what i like about this feature is the possibility to show specific people a private list, if i want to.
    and with that idea in mind there is still the issue, that all lists are stored on a central server.
    this makes me suspecious about a possible risk/abuse in terms of privacy too :(

today are mostly 2 kinds of people.
    the ones that think that are willing to share (every) information about their life, with others.
    and the other once, that try to block every peace of private information in the internet.

there is no right or wrong here. everyone should do, what he/she likes.

and with that being said:
    if you would be able to create the list locally, it would be PERFECT for my sense of use.
    :)

greetings

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures Social (Coming Soon)

Maybe i am alone with that, but i really can't see a use case for another social platform...

Which movies i have and i like is MY private thing. In terms of data security and privacy i won't populate any data. But maybe someone can explain me a real advantage...

It's obviously not for everyone but some people like to share with their family and friends what they have been watching and what they have available to watch. If you are just worried about data security you will be able to make your profile private, only viewable by your friends. But half a dozen "HTML Movie List" projects have popped up then faded away over the last year or two and every time people are excited.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: Moving Pictures Social (Private Beta)

We are currently looking for a few guinea pigs to give early access to Moving Pictures Social. If you are interested in helping us track down bugs, we would be glad to have you. We will slowly be rolling out access to people registered for the Beta over time, so if you register keep an eye on your inbox over the next week or two.

Register for Private Beta

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Signed myself up for the beta! partly because I like guinea pigs and love to be one ;)
    Nah, all jokes aside, great work guys! Can't wait!

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Tried to sign up but the website seems to be down right now.. - A database error occured.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country

Tried to sign up but the website seems to be down right now.. - A database error occured.

Sorry about that, I think the server had a hiccup. It seems to be up now, could you try again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom