Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrawnarn

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
The value in that function would be that the scene distribute all their releases in rar's, then you wouldn't need to extract everything. I don't have any problem with it but as said it would be a nice feature.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hrmm... I don't think we will be implementing any features where the only purpose is to help you consume illegal content. :( Where you get your movies is your business, but the idea here is ripped and reencoded DVDs.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hrmm... I don't think we will be implementing any features where the only purpose is to help you consume illegal content. :( Where you get your movies is your business, but the idea here is ripped and reencoded DVDs.

I understand and respect that. Why I brought this up (although I'm aware of "scene releases") is that the feature would prove itself popular by the "mass" that unfortunately has to get their digital copies illegally for their convinience (rip their own dvd's, compress them, getting fanmade subtitles created by enthusiasts to match up against 'em etc). Sorry if it felt like I was trying to sneak this past you.

The Movie posters the plugins help the users download are copyrighted as well you know? :D I'll shut up now.
    Emph

Wizard_TPG

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Townsville
    Home Country
    fforde

Does the plugin automatically detect and support multiple files in a directory.
    eg. I have a movie that is split into two VCD files which are numbered xxxx-1.avi xxxx-2.avi and these filse are in the same directory.

Can this system automatically detect that these two files are the one movie and link them together?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    fforde

Does the plugin automatically detect and support multiple files in a directory.
    eg. I have a movie that is split into two VCD files which are numbered xxxx-1.avi xxxx-2.avi and these filse are in the same directory.

Can this system automatically detect that these two files are the one movie and link them together?
    Yes the plugin has this ability, at the moment it gets a little bit too excited though. It picks up for example Saw 1 , Saw2, Saw 3 all as parts of one movie. This is being looked at.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah that is being cleaned up in the next release. Armandp already has done a lot of work on this and is really excited about the results.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Suggestion: Will this plugin be able to sort movies, so that sequels are next to each other and in the right order?

For example, Pirates of the Caribbean is sorted: At Worlds End, Dead Mans Chest, The Curse of the Black Pearl (because this is alphabetically).
    Where I would like it to be in order the movies where released: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Mans Chest, At worlds End.

Another one is Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima. I would like these to be next to each other, because they are part of a serie.
    I know this will not sort the list "correctly" but for me this would be way better.

In myFilms I found out, that I could set "Original Title" (in the database) to: "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima", and then set "Translated Title" (since i didn't use this for anything) to: "Flags of our Fathers 1" and "Flags of our Fathers 2".
    Now they would show up right after each other, but I would stille see them named as "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima".

Is this possible? Perhaps this needs some new field on the movies-xml database, say an "Sequel number"-field or something.

For the rest, this plugin is still great. Can't believe why no one has done this a long time ago.

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Awesome.
    That is my largest current complaint about MP's functionality and if your plugin fixes it, I will be one very happy person :)
    That also works with MyVideos, just name your files xxx-cd1 and xxx-cd2. (this eliminates issues like the one with saw2, saw3, ...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom