Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I noticed that support for DVD backups (IFO) will be supported according to the issue tracker.
I hope this also includes .iso and .img files?

I guess this easily could be enabled since this only have to do with which files Moving Pictures recognize as media files.

That should already work. Moving Pictures grabs a list of valid video file extensions from MediaPortal so if iso or img files are in that list, they should be loaded in. And for the player it just sends the file name to the MP player, so it should handle all the grunt work.

Actually though I may have to play around with this. I don't know if anything special needs to be done on the plug-in end as far as daemon tools integration. Have you tried loading in iso or img files? Did it ignore them? If not did they play when you clicked them in the GUI?

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
Superb plugin, got 90% of my movies right and only 2 so far it can't seem to find which is not a big deal as I know it is alpha.

With 200+ movies, scrolling through them all can be a pain with all the images loading, could anything be done about this? perhaps fading to black whilst scrolling and only displaying the background whilst paused on a movie for a second or so.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Superb plugin, got 90% of my movies right and only 2 so far it can't seem to find which is not a big deal as I know it is alpha.

With 200+ movies, scrolling through them all can be a pain with all the images loading, could anything be done about this? perhaps fading to black whilst scrolling and only displaying the background whilst paused on a movie for a second or so.

Yep, that's being treated as a bug. It will be fixed in a maintenance release to be pulled together sometime in the next week or so.

swe_rush

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just wanted to say GREAT Work fforde ! this is the best thing happend to MP since TVseries plugin.

kimko

Portal Member
    June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just wanted to say: GREAT WORK!

but... i have a very tiny little request :)
    i would like to change the "Moving Pictures" to "My Movies" in MediaPortal... is it possible for me to change that on my own or do you have to change the code for that? I'm testing this plugin right now... i like it.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I just wanted to say: GREAT WORK!

but... i have a very tiny little request :)
    i would like to change the "Moving Pictures" to "My Movies" in MediaPortal... is it possible for me to change that on my own or do you have to change the code for that? I'm testing this plugin right now... i like it.

That would require a code change. I actually meant to have that feature in this release, but it some how slipped through. I created an issue on the tracker for it. This will go into the next major release though (0.6).

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Great alpha launch John :) (even though I haven't yet tried this build)

40+ people viewing this thread, there seems to be a bit of interest :)

Edit: After couple of tries, some quick remarks if I may :)

- Log gets huge...doesnt seem to be cleared but appended all the time. Should probably use the move to .bak and clear on each run approache MP takes in general
    - Logging seems very extensive (loglevel seems to be debug and not changable yet), but is it really of any use to log every pushed field and its content of every selection, even in debug log level?
    - I don't seem to be getting any fanart at all for some reason...hmmm
    - Some banner thumbnails are very pixelated/low res, even though the full banner is high res (example: crank, 300). Is this a problem with the source, in other words, do you create the thumbnails yourself or are they downloaded seperatly?
    - As said before, scrolling has noticable delays, most likely due to banner loading
    - Not sure if that's a skin limitation or if you're not setting the vars, but if a movie doesn't have a banner thumbnailpanel views are pretty weird because all you have is an empty box. Maybe create a std. fake banner in code, this would avoid skins having to display the text for all items even if a poster is available and thus clutter the view.

Great work so far :)

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That should already work. Moving Pictures grabs a list of valid video file extensions from MediaPortal so if iso or img files are in that list, they should be loaded in. And for the player it just sends the file name to the MP player, so it should handle all the grunt work.

Actually though I may have to play around with this. I don't know if anything special needs to be done on the plug-in end as far as daemon tools integration. Have you tried loading in iso or img files? Did it ignore them? If not did they play when you clicked them in the GUI?

Bummer! I hadn't added the extensions since I upgraded to RC2. Since I was using Mesfilms plug-in earlier I guess it was not needed.
    I will add them and try again!

I however have a bit of a problem. MP crashes everytime a video reaches it's end and stops playing.

This is somehow related to Moving Pictures because that is all I had installed before this occured. I deleted the dll and everything works fine.
    I will post the error log if it helps.

Let me know if you need any other logfile.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

Bummer! I hadn't added the extensions since I upgraded to RC2. Since I was using Mesfilms plug-in earlier I guess it was not needed.
    I will add them and try again!

I however have a bit of a problem. MP crashes everytime a video reaches it's end and stops playing.

This is somehow related to Moving Pictures because that is all I had installed before this occured. I deleted the dll and everything works fine.
    I will post the error log if it helps.

Let me know if you need any other logfile.
    Yeah, that's definitely a bug. Would you mind filling out a bug report and attaching the log there? We have several issues to fix for our next maintenance release. If you enter a bug report we can make sure this doesn't get lost and it actually gets fixed in the next build.

Also, let me know if your iso and img files play after you modify the accepted extensions and load them in.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah, that's definitely a bug. Would you mind filling out a bug report and attaching the log there? We have several issues to fix for our next maintenance release. If you enter a bug report we can make sure this doesn't get lost and it actually gets fixed in the next build.

Also, let me know if your iso and img files play after you modify the accepted extensions and load them in.

Hmm... do I need to create a google account to post a bug report?

After I added the iso and img extensions they are added perfectly to the database.
    They are however not playing. It seems like moving pictures are trying to start them as normal video files and not mounting them. I only get a black screen "Fullscreen video" and then it stops.

When I start the same movies from standard "My Videos" a window pops up "loading video" or something like that which is there while mounting the files and then it starts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom