MovingPictures 1.5 Crashes when editing movie names (1 Viewer)

John0502

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
I have just installed Mediaportal 1.3 FINAL on a newly installed Windows 7 SP1 PC with all MS patches. The version of Moving Pictures that runs on MP 1.3 is 1.5.1.14(something). Moving Pictures auto imports quite well. However, for some movies that are not imported, I use the feature to adjust its name (edit it) and re-import to see if it is found with a name adjustment. This feature worked well in Moving Pictures on MP 1.2.3.

However, when I do this in MP 1.3, Moving pictures crashes with a 'Continue' or 'Exit' option. Whichever is chosen the movie scan screen (where movies are shown to be corrected) just goes white with red lines in a cross form and that is it.

I have tried re-installing Moving Pictures. I use StreamedMP as my skin - removed it too and re-installed moving pictures - nothing prevents the crash.

Is there something I am missing in this version combination of Mediaportal and MovingPictures?

John0502

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
Looks like I made a mistake. I used the 'Add as blank (editable) Movie' tab instead of the 'Rescan selected File(s) with Custom Search String.'. All working fine now. Cant' even think how I made that mistake..:unsure:

Argai

Portal Member
January 1, 2012
@John0502
Even if you used the wrong button for your purpose, the problem is still there.

I've the same problem
Rescan the file with a found ID is no problem. Adding files with no known info is a problem.
If I use the button "Add as blank (editable) movie" ,
* the moving pictures configuration crashes.
* As John0502 describes, a big red cross apears in the mainwindow of the importer.
* After a restart, the file that I wanted to add, is no longer in the list and is not imported anymore. (and not in the list of movies)

After the 3th attemp, MP config also crashed.
I use MP1.3 and updated Movpic to 1.5.1.1487

before I updated to MP1.3 en movpic to 1.5.1.xxxx, everything worked fine.

John0502

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
@Argai

Quite correct - the actual feature of creating a blank (editable) movie does crash Moving Pictures. I found that when I try to add a blank move, I hit 'Continue' when it crashes and exit MediaPortal in the normal way saving as I go (ie. click on 'Ok' etc), when I go back into the Moving pictures config GUI, the movie does appear in the imported screen with obviously not many entries which can be edited. The movie no longer appears in the importer screen too.

This may be a workaround until the issue is fixed perhaps.

I was using the same version of Moving Pictures in Mediaportal 1.2.3 - I found it crashed in the same way! I just never used that feature there before so I never noticed it previously.

Last edited:

pody

Portal Pro
March 20, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
The same thing happens to me so there is one video I can't add into my database because of this. I just have to leave it be or else it crashes the whole configuration. :/

IndoDanny

Portal Member
May 29, 2011
Home Country
Indonesia Indonesia
I have the same problem over and over with several movies. Due to this I can't import new movies and I'm not using MP for now. I hope the fix will come soon, as I have this problem now for a couple of months. I have this when I select "Rescan selected file and add as blanc"Thank you.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have the same problem over and over with several movies. Due to this I can't import new movies and I'm not using MP for now. I hope the fix will come soon, as I have this problem now for a couple of months. I have this when I select "Rescan selected file and add as blanc"Thank you.

Granted there is an issue with blank/non-imdb movies, but that normally only qualifies for a super small percentage of a normal collection. For the time being you could just use the MyVideos plugin to deal with those home movies and import them into MovPic later.

Now if you have a problem with IMDb movies getting automatically matched up, then you might require some tweaking to the noise filter, or use alternative methods such as NFO files containing the IMDb tt-ID. If you have any examples of filenames (and content of NFO files, etc), then I can possibly assist you in finding out why your movies are not automatically importing.

Argai

Portal Member
    January 1, 2012
    See my post earlier.
    I installed earlier decreated versions. version 1.5.0 kept the problem. Version 1.4.1 works perfectly - concerning adding blank movies. So the movie is listed and I can go back installing v1.5.1

Q: the files I tried to add with blank movie are gone (not from my hdd, thank god). So MovPic handels them als recongnized, but are not
    where can I find the ini or logfiles, where I can remove these entry's

@RoChess
    I have a dvd-set that I can not add, although I have a imdb-id
    Rescan does not work
    Slayers - Next dvd box (3 dvd's) IMDB tt0144611

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a dvd-set that I can not add, although I have a imdb-id

That is not what you use 'add blank' movie for though, but the binocular icon to supply missing data (title, year, imdb-id).

It can also happen that files got imported incorrect or added to the ignore list. Use the gear icon inside importer tab for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom