MovingPictures 1.6.2 [Support for MP 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6] [2014-01-19] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I added all of them in a Titan+ skin fix I made to make it work for myself.

Result =
    5.MovingPictures.Technical.Details.Reworked.png

Skin file "movingpictures.details.xml" (part of) = http://blixy.net/mp/Titan+/Titan+.7z

Main difference with original skin file:

1). ALTER (adding dimensions): <label>#MovingPictures.LocalMedia.videoaspectratio</label> <--> <label>#MovingPictures.LocalMedia.videoresolution (#MovingPictures.LocalMedia.videowidth × #MovingPictures.LocalMedia.videoheight)</label>

2). ADD (Release Date): <label>#(string.rtrim(L(172),' :'))</label> ++ <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.release_date.localized.long</label>

3). ALTER (Date Added): <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.date_added</label> <--> <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.date_added.localized.long</label>

4). ADD "Plot Keywords": <label>Plot Keywords</label> ++ <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.plotkeywords</label>

5). ALTER (adding import source): <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.details_url</label> <--> <label>#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.details_url (#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.primary_source)</label>

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Very nice, should be part of the official skin IMHO.

Thank you, also made changes to the main view via:

3.MovingPictures.MPAA.ratings.and.CC.icon.png

With added StreamedMP alike Ratings graph and brought back the CC-icon that I rely on (might have been brought back since, I made these changes a while ago). My original intention was to properly seperate things inside a theme only, but I just could not figure things out, so need to do more research.

Of course each time I find time to do so, something else happens and then things take so long that a new version of MediaPortal comes out (v1.6.0 Pre now), which forces me to rethink the skin changes I've made. So not easy for me, but I got no qualms if my ideas are integrated into the default skin, makes my life a lot easier :)

I am just used to a proper 10-foot interface and eventhough I got a 55"; at 1080p resolutions and more then 12 feet away from it, I need font14 and such to make it more enjoyable for me. I guess the normal skin developers have their nose against their TV or have eagle vision. For me I need to compensate with larger fonts, while still loving to cram as much info as possible, so I tweak the default skins until I like them. Did all this work for DefaultWide on MePo v1.2, but I loved the look of Titan when it first came out, so decided to give it a try (also still need to try out Avallonis White).

If the stars align I will get MePo v1.6.0 Pre on my box this upcoming weekend (need to test something for @Sebastiii badly) and planned to re-apply my skin changes to the default Titan Extended skin and see about containing it all within an "Extended+" theme folder. That way it will be easy to share it with others and maintain future updates.

Stay tuned..

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's clear! :) I will modify my skinfile, shoudn't be a problem..

About #MovingPictures.DateAdded, That's my mistake. it should be #Titan.DateAdded, but I was a bit playing with the labels as they are not working currently.

Cheers!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Added the technical properties as well into PureVisionHD 1080.
    I looked for proper translations and found most of it - some I just constructed out of two translations (if you´re interested, have a look into the file movingpictures.technicaldetails.xml).
    Screenshots and new XMLs attached :p

15-00-04.jpg 15-01-17.jpg

Attachments

• movingpictures.technicaldetails.xml
      11.9 KB
    • movingpictures.xml
      50.2 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @catavolt, ty for finding the translations. The skin changes I make are always just for me mainly, so it is easy to ignore those details. What is an easy way to look for those strings?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @RoChess, MovingPictures also has a lot of translations that push to skin if you can't find one that matches your needs from MediaPortal. If there is still something missing let me know and I will add it so the community can translate it.

You can find the list of strings supported by MovingPictures in language/MovingPictures/en-US.xml. These can be used in the skin by the following properties:
    Code:
    #MovingPictures.Translation.$(Name).Label
    Simply replace name with one of fields available to translate.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damien, I tried to add some translations into that language files before searching more or less adequate strings in MP language file, but no success at all :cry:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @catavolt,

the movingpictures team can only add new strings for translation, when that is done a new English string file is uploaded to Transfiex so everyone can translate into their respective language.

What translations do you require and I can add them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom