MovingPictures 1.8.4 [Support for MP 1.23+] [2020-01-26] (7 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @catavolt, what extra data? IMDb+ has support for German ratings, but Amazon killed off imdb.de so full German support got killed off.

I can probably fix FilmInfo+ scraper, but it is difficult for me to test being in the US and having to Google Translate most of the German. Will take a look on the weekend if possible.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK. Here's one I had put on the backburner, but now want to sort; as I've got the time, being in lockdown.
    I have the 2000 TV miniseries, titled Frank Hertbert's Dune. I have it encoded into 3 separate files: each of the main chapters. None of the movie scrapers will locate this show's details, even though it is easily located on themoviedb,org website <Frank Herbert's Dune>
    I have tried all variants of the title I can think of, as well as searching by year & imdbid. The closest I can get is either the 1984, or 2020 movie titles.
    Any ideas how I can sort this? I have also attempted to raise priority of other scrapers (eg. imdb), with no success. Thanks.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    what extra data?
    I don’t know how it is now, but earlier Moving Pictures did not give full information on the film, a full description, awards of films and actors, a parent rating with a detailed description. And My Video works faster and more conveniently for me. And the information in Russian is now more complete in My Video. Perhaps now everything is different, but why change something that works 100%, for something else. :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I don’t know how it is now, but earlier only Moving Pictures could automatically delete missing videos from the database.
    I delete movies in MyVideo plugin, and my DB not contains missing videos, and FH has such functionality.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    None of the movie scrapers will locate this show's details

IMDb+ has no problem with this one, so weird if you tried all of them.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why not use TV Series plugin for this? TVDB site have - Dune - Official Order - All Seasons - TheTVDB.com
    Yes. It had been a while since I viewed this series, but could not understand why it was loaded in Moving Pictures. Figured that was how I must have set it up. Only this morning I realised that Children of Dune was NOT loaded in MP, but in TVSeries, instead; as was Dune. But, last night when I saw it listed on themoviedb site, I figured that was where I had originally installed it.
    Now, I think I must have loaded the importer within MP-GUI, & it automatically set it to the 1984 movie data, as it would not scrape the correct data. I have since removed the import folder, from Moving Pictures config.

IMDb+ has no problem with this one, so weird if you tried all of them.
    I have no asnwer why it won't load correctly, for me. All good now, though, as it set to TVSeries plugin -which is where it should be anyway, I believe -as a made-for-TV mini-series.

Thanks for replies. Put it down to going stir-crazy, in Covid lockdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom